Saturday, November 28, 2009

Past Couple of Days

It’s Saturday and I’ve effectively done nothing ALL day long! It feels pretty great, but I also know that I have a lot that I could have gotten done. I have lots of laundry to do, presents that could be wrapped, homework that needs to be completed, dishes that I could do if I were being nice to Jay, but all I did was lay on the couch and watch movies and TV all day. And boy was it relaxing! I slept in AND took a nap! I’m hoping that I will be able to sleep tonight, but probably not, thus that is why I am hoping to get a start on the paper that I should be writing as I am writing this.

On Wednesday Ayden and I headed ‘home’ after he got done with school. I packed up the car before he was done and possibly didn’t forget anything which was good. We made it just as far as I would have liked before it got super dark. The driving was too bad given it was the day before Thanksgiving and we ended up on the worst part of the drive right around rush hour and it was dark and rainy out! Obviously I would have liked it to not be dark, not be raining, and not be driving there during rush hour, but we made it! It definitely wasn’t too horrible.

We headed straight to my mom’s house because I wanted to drop my computer off so her husband could look at it for me. We had supper there and played some games of Monopoly Deal and then headed off to Jay’s parents just before Criminal Minds was about to begin. That show recap should be a post in an of itself… UGH… HATED IT! But then again it was also so good. *Sidenote… totally watching Criminal Minds reruns on A&E right now! I hated that they killed of Hotchner’s wife and how they did it and was totally almost bawling watching it, but do understand that it makes for good show plots, you know? Ugh, hate those writers! Lol! But will still be watching it every week!

Thursday was Thanksgiving and we headed out early to my dad’s house so we could follow him to my aunt and uncle’s house, where they were having Thanksgiving. It was a great time! Ayden ran around with Mitchell and Alexis all afternoon! It’s great that they all get along so well and are at an age where constant supervision by someone is not necessary. Obviously, with enough adults around, someone is making sure they are behaving and playing safely, but it doesn’t require constant adult interference which gave me some time to catch up with family. It was a good time! We ended up leaving a little later than I thought that we would, but Jay was having fun playing cards and I didn’t care. I mean, it was his family that we were off to see next and if he wanted to spend an allotted amount of time with them, he should have had us leave earlier. Oh well!

Anyways, then we headed to his parent’s house for their Thanksgiving and only stayed for a little under two hours. Jay was all ready to go and hang out with my family and play cards with them. I was surprised that he wanted to leave so quickly, but I wasn’t going to argue with him about it. We were at my aunt and uncle’s house (on my mom’s side) from about 7-11pm and we had a good time there as well! Ayden was busy playing with more cousins and I was able to visit with family again. All in all it was a great day! Happy late Thanksgiving everyone!

Black Friday held lots of deals, although I don’t think I ended up with too many of them. I headed out with my friend to go shopping. We didn’t leave early at all and only headed out to Fond Du Lac (sp?)… We hit up Walmart where I was able to get quite a few things for people. Shopko left me with two new pair of news and a few more things for others. I mean who could pass up BoGo for these shoes?!

Brands American EagleAmerican Eagle Aspen Fur Clog

So… these are only one pair of the shoes that I got. The other pair is a brown and pink pair of sneakers that are super cute! These shoes are so soft and comfy and I don’t own any wedges yet so… love ‘em or hate ‘em… I’m in love, hehe!

After Shopko we left and went to Target where I picked up four new movies for a definite discount and two shirts for myself. That is all the Black Friday shopping we did together which was fine with me.

We headed back home and I picked up my computer from my mom’s house. Jim was able to get the virus that I had on off and installed some software that will help me check for them so hopefully I don’t get anymore! Keeping my fingers crossed and happy that there was only one and that it wasn’t too horrible, well didn’t screw up my computer all that bad.

Then I packed up my stuff from Jay’s parent’s house and headed back to Point all by my lonesome. I stopped at Mills Fleet Farm for a few more gifts and then went to Kohls and spent too much money on myself. Darn those 15% off coupons and the Kohls cash you get for spending money, haha! And then on the whim, I decided to go and see New Moon.

Originally I had thought I might just wait until it comes on DVD to see it because I didn’t feel the urge to go and really yesterday I didn’t feel the urge, but thought I would swing by the theater and see if it was playing and it was starting only about 20 minutes after I got there so I decided why not. I’m really glad that I did because it was good. Obviously I knew the story line because I read the book and they sort of had to follow the book, but I still thought it was good. Definitely better than the first one acting wise and flow wise and definitely upped my Twilight obsession again. Can’t wait for Eclipse to come out this summer and then Breaking Dawn. The last book was definitely my favorite and so I’m probably the most anxious for that one to come out!

Then I came home and chit chatted with my friend before heading to bed!

Tomorrow I’m thinking I’ll do the laundry, work on my paper, and relax a little more. Last week of clinic this week… OMG! One report to finish revising and one report to write and then get my hours all sorted out and I’m done for a month, wowsers! Two weeks of class left, well really just one week for my Instrumentation since we have our test the last week. We might have a study session though during the last class session and decide to have our test during the lab hour. Would prefer it not to be that way, but that is the way Madison wanted it last time and well we kind of have to defer to them which really sucks! And we have some presentations to do as well… two of them actually, but neither should really be bad which is good. End of the semester is fasting approaching which is good and scary.

Can’t sit here and think about it though, won’t make it come any faster or go any slower. Oh well!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: