Sunday, October 24, 2010

From this…

broken car (which really doesn’t look too bad on the outside)…IMG_2227IMG_2228…to this new car that sits in my driveway! Yeah! I finally got my Ford Focus that I’ve always wanted… you know at some point when I could finally afford to get a new car. Unfortunately, the amount I am getting back for my old car did not cover the cost of this car, but we did have some extra money set aside so we were able to buy this one without taking out a loan or going broke which was good for us. I am in love with this car!

IMG_2534IMG_2537IMG_2539IMG_2540

It came with all of my prerequisites and MORE! It is an automatic, has power steering, power locks, power windows, a six disc in dash cd player, keyless entry, remote starter, 4 new tires, newer front brakes, cruise control, power mirrors, a moon roof, and is just plain awesome! I’m so stoked and excited! I loved my old car, but don’t miss it nearly as much anymore!

I took some pictures of Jay’s newest cousin (but not for long, since one of his aunts is due in just a few short weeks, bummer that she lives in Iowa though) on Saturday and here are few cutes ones that I got. This little girl is SO cute and she did so good! We didn’t get many smiles out of her, but she didn’t fuss until the end. And of course I left the shot I wanted to get most until the end and we didn’t even get to try it. Oh well, maybe next time!

In this first picture she is holding her mommy’s ‘Believe’ necklace. This necklace is special to her mommy because she wore it throughout her entire pregnancy (and even before). This little girl was conceived after years of infertility struggles and so she is extra special to her mommy and daddy!IMG_2397-2IMG_2420IMG_2448-2IMG_2466

We had a busy day yesterday… after I got done taking pictures in the morning, we had to run to my mom’s house to get some paperwork for the new car, run to my dad’s house to wish him a happy birthday, and then back to Jay’s parents’ house for his brother’s birthday party. I was glad to get home last night after such a long day, even if it was kind of late.

It was nice to sleep in this morning and get a lot of stuff done around the house today. I’ve been doing laundry all day, washing load after load of clothes and the sheets on our bed, folding clothes and putting clothes away. I need to sit down and work on some school related stuff, but I really don’t feel like it at this point, although I know I should.

I feel like I’ve been a slacker blogger lately, and I know that I have. Maybe I will get a little down time this week to sit down and write some more. I’m hoping so!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: