Friday, October 8, 2010

Whew... made it thru THAT one!

Monday night at precisely 5pm I thought my world was going to crash and burn! Okay, I'm being a bit overly dramatic, I mean DH's exams are not THAT hard... or ARE they?! YES, my fellow blog readers, they are THAT hard, or at least the ones he gave out in my undergrad Hearing Science class were! And so, I was about ready to freak out when he handed out the test and I wasn't going to know a single thing on it! All of the hours upon hours that I put into studying for the stupid thing and it was going to be a waste... or was it?!

Let's back up a bit... I studied for my balance test, definitely not as much as I should have alone (I am a better group studier) and studied in a group on Sunday night, although we definitely didn't study as much as we should have. Although I am a better group studier, our group gets side tracked very easily, haha!

Monday morning at 10am brought about our balance lab. I opted to be the 'patient' for the lab and get hooked up with electrodes and such so I wouldn't have to do anything for the actual lab. Good 'ole me, right?! But I wasn't just a 'patient' for the lab either, I find that I tend to ask a lot of questions during lab whether or not I am actually doing something. Probably to the annoyance of my two classmates and the professor.

We had lab until noon and then a three hour break until our next class. Normally we would have only had until 1pm before our next class, but thankfully our next class was scheduled to be a 'work day' on one of our assignments and we opted to not work, but to study. We studied our butts off during the next three hours and honestly I think that that is what saved me on that test.

And so... THE test! It was a piece of cake... for the most part. Definitely not a regular DH test by any means, otherwise I would have bombed completely! There were two questions that focused on a section that I had not studied because it was not on the study guides and thus didn't think it was going to be on the test and thus didn't study. I totally botched one question and think I managed to get a few points on the second question. But overall, I felt pretty good about handing it in, thinking at least a B+ for a grade and for a DH test... that is GOOD! What was not so good was having another hour of class after the test!

Apparently I've been cursed with professors who do not know how to read a clock or know what time class ends at this semester because all three of my professors like to talk well PAST the time that class has ended. Okay, so one isn't TOO bad, one has just told us to let him know when class has ended because he doesn't like going over and this past week was a mistake on his part and one I think just DOESN'T CARE! The one that doesn't care is a Madison professor and I think she's the DH of down there, haha! I probably shouldn't be saying that. Both of the professors are super smart, have accomplished A TON in their lives so far and are great teachers in their own way! I definitely have respect for both of them, just not their tests, haha!

Wouldn't know though, apparently my brain didn't think I had enough balance during the day on Monday... you know two hours of lab, three hours of study, and another almost two hours of test/class time was SO not enough, that I had to dream about it ALL night long! Seriously, I didn't get into a deep enough balance free state of unconsciousness until after 3am Tuesday morning! It sucked!!!

Tuesday was a clinic day and we were headed off to do screenings at one of the local centers in town. They went well, and then we had a child evaluation after we got back from the screenings and I ran through that with my first year without any supervisor intrusion, until the end when I went to get him for consultation help. And... he only had a few things to critique me on and they were things I realized that I was doing wrong as I was going through the testing and they weren't really THAT bad either! So yeah! I was happy about that!

Wednesday was pretty normal as far as class and work went. And Thursday was no class, only work so that went good too.

Thursday afternoon, Kristi and I met up at Kohls to see if we could find some cute outfits for her girls for their photo shoot that afternoon. We found some cute coordinating clothes, although I didn’t get any decent shots of the girls together. After I had gotten Ayden from school, we headed over to Kristi’s house so I could take the pictures. Lily was in a pretty decent mood from the beginning, and Leila was doing okay, but about halfway through Leila had had enough and we weren’t going to get anything good out of her anymore, which was okay.

Here are a few shots that I really love from yesterday! A big shout out goes to Kristi for continuing to let me borrow her girls for photo shoots. A lot of the props that I had gotten from Jay’s aunt, Ayden was too big for or the props were kind of girly like so I needed younger/smaller ‘models’.

I think these first few turned out alright. I’m still working on the whole shooting indoors with no ‘studio’ lighting and just using a white sheet as my background and given that, the natural light we were dealing with yesterday, and the cooperation of the kids, they turned out okay. IMG_2059 IMG_2067 IMG_2100 IMG_2125

IMG_2055

These next few are some of my favorites from  yesterday! We had Lily sit in the bucket in hopes that it would get Leila to go in it because she wasn’t having anything to do with the buckets I had brought along. This one of Lily turned out pretty darn cute though!IMG_2090This might be my absolute most favorite picture… EVER… of someone else’s kid! You know I’m biased towards Ayden, hehe! But seriously, this turned out SO cute and it was so spontaneous. Kristi pretty much just threw the hat on Leila’s head, that is how it landed, and I snapped and the hat came off.IMG_2115And I think this one of Lily is SO super cute and precious too! I think Kristi should enter it into a cutest kids contest! Seriously, this one and the one above it! Aren’t they adorable little girls! SO precious!IMG_2127We did a few railroad shots too. Lily wasn’t very keen about these, but we didn’t spend too long on them and definitely had look outs to make sure no trains were coming. We had a talk before hand about railroad safety too, which I’m sure Kristi and her hubby have already done since they live pretty close to them. IMG_2159I thought this one was SO cute too, although I would have liked to have her walking a little more in the distance. Oh well… it is still really cute I thought!IMG_2165And of course, one of the future husband and wife. Who said that prearranged marriages are a thing of the past?! Lily was gun-ho about wanting one of her and Ayden and she totally grabbed his hand for the picture, no coaxing of me or Kristi for that, hehe! Too bad Kristi and Nick (her hubby) are considering moving back home when Nick graduates in the spring to save money to buy a house. Back home for them is two hours from Point! :( Super duber sad face because I am totally going to miss them! Although, their ‘back home’ is only about 40 minutes away from our ‘back home’ so that isn’t too bad. We could schedule visits when we are back in the area. I told her that we will just have to soak up the next nine months because she CAN’T leave me!IMG_2173

It’s back to study time for me. Can’t seem to catch a break lately. Test on Monday that is bound to be twice as horrible as DH’s. Also… need to get working on a paper that is due on Wednesday that has to be three to six pages long. I have some ideas, but to make it even three pages long might be a stretch for me. Tonight’s agenda… study for a while and then relax with some television before zonking out!

Jay went home to hunt this weekend and left Ayden with me. We went for a great bike ride after school today because the weather is so beautiful. I’m excited because that means I will get the bed to myself tonight and tomorrow night! This whole week Jay has been coming to bed when I go to bed and driving me nuts. I was so used to him coming to bed after I had fallen asleep that it was harder for me to fall asleep with him in bed with me. Weird I know… And when I go lay down in bed it is to calm down and just relax, well with Jay that doesn’t happen because he is constantly picking on me and not leaving me alone so I could just decompress. Yeah for tonight! Hehe!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: