Thursday, October 14, 2010

Let’s hope it all ends as it should!

I don't like dealing with people over the phone. I'm an introvert and don't like having to call people. My 'fear' of that has definitely decreased over the years, but I still don't like doing it. I get nervous, sick to my stomach, and just overall make myself upset. And... then it doesn't help when the person on the other end of the line is a jerk.

I got my first phone call from 'idiot drivers' insurance company and I didn't care for it. The lady on the other end wasn't unnecessarily rude, but I could tell from the tone of her voice that she probably didn't want to be sitting at her desk all day calling people regarding insurance claims etc... maybe I'm wrong, I mean she did say 'you're welcome' before we hung up, but that was probably just because she was glad to have another phone call over with. On the other hand, the lady I had to deal with for my insurance was super nice and helpful. Is is always like that?

Now I have to wait until I get a call from an appraiser for 'idiot drivers' insurance to set up a time to come and look at my car. I have no idea how any of this works so I REALLY hope that I don't get screwed out of anything. I'm a young woman who's never had to deal with this stuff before. With the accident for my first car I was only 16 and my parents took care of that and it was just our insurance because we had hit a tree. With Jay's accident, it was his fault and his insurance company took care of everything (plus his insurance company is smaller and his agent is super nice too!) so I'm very naive with everything and don't know what to do, say, or expect. And to think I was having a pretty stellar day before this, ha!

Had my morning meeting with my supervisor and he didn't have anything super horrible to critique us on which was good. Just normal things... my first year and I are rocking it out! Then, he had very FEW edits for our latest reports which I was pretty stoked about because normally he has a lot of edits and is very critical of how you write things. Not this time! Wonder if he was just in a hurry though because normally he would have a lot of them. Oh well, I won't complain or question him!

I have almost three pages of my capstone introduction done. Our professor set a minimum of 3 1/2 pages so I have a bit more to go... but its been a very difficult thing for me to write. If I haven't explained it before, our capstone project is sort of like a thesis. When you get your PhD, you have to write a thesis which is super long, takes LOTS of time, and is probably all around a pain in the butt. But, I not getting my PhD, I am getting my AuD and in place of the thesis, we have to do a capstone. In retrospect, it is a much shorter thesis. We are conducting research and writing a paper on it, but it is not a 100 page paper or anything, more like 20 pages tops probably. For my research, I am going to be looking at factors that influence individuals' decisions on whether or purchase hearing aids or not purchase hearing aids. My hypothesis is that the primary factors involved are perceived benefit and/or lack there of that an individual might get from the hearing aids and cost of the hearing aids. I'll be conducting a survey of individuals, specifically elderly individuals (although haven't picked an age yet... thinking 60 or 65 and older). I'm excited about it because it is pretty interesting. At least to me, haha!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: