Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Um… thanks, but no thanks!

Despite the fact that I had this horrific test scheduled for Monday afternoon, my week started out pretty good. I didn’t study as much as I would have liked over the weekend… I was pretty lazy about that, but in my defense, I had studied my patootie off for the test the week before. I did manage to get a good hour or so of studying in on Monday before our test with my classmates and that always helps. I was pretty nervous about the test before it was handed out, but once we got the actual test and I was able to look over it, I took a deep breath and relaxed. The questions were A LOT easier than I had anticipated (especially given the horror stories we were told by the third years about this given professors exams) and I walked out of there thinking, no knowing, that I at least passed the test. Maybe not aced it, but definitely passed it!

My Monday was actually pretty good… given that I was on campus from 9am until 7pm and it was already dark on my walk back to my car after my last class. We (the Stevens Point students) even rocked our balance class when it came to participation because at one point the professor had specifically asked the Madison students to answer a question. I was happy about that because it is not too often that the Madison students get called out like that because there are three times as many there (even though only one answers the questions).

Monday night was pretty unproductive at home because who wants to do anything school related after that many hours at school. Not me! But that is okay because I was going to have Tuesday night work on my capstone introduction… or so I thought!

Tuesday during the day on campus was pretty awesome too! Tuesday is my clinic day and we had two hearing evaluations. The first one went normally and I think I totally rocked it, haha! The second one started off good and then we found out that the patient had a lot of ear wax that was blocking our view of his ear drum and that meant we couldn’t continue with the testing (you know, unless we removed the wax). And because we had ample enough time, my supervisor suggested we try removing it mechanically, which means we would use some small tools and remove it by digging it out. Well, an attempt by myself and my supervisor was both unsuccessful. Here I thought that we were going to get done early and send the patient to his doctor to get it irrigated out… until my supervisor said that we could try that at our clinic. We have the means to, but we hardly ever do it because in order to do it properly it takes at least a half hour.

Um, okay?! I hadn’t done water irrigation since last spring when we first learned on an undergrad student. This was a real live patient! But, I went at it with confidence and what do you know… it worked! I was so excited because other than refill the water for me and show me how to hold the water pik a little farther in the patient’s ear… I did it all by myself! I was so proud! That is not something we got a lot of practice doing on campus (water irrigation) and neither of my classmates have done it yet this semester, although they have both been successful with the mechanical removal.

Then I went to work for a while and picked Ayden up from school before we both headed to the Y so I could zumba it up with my friends and Ayden could play with Lily. Both Kristi and Robin were able to make it to zumba last night and it was good to work out with both of them! :)

We left afterwards and headed home so we could have supper before Ayden and Jay could go to Ayden’s first cub scout meeting. Things didn’t happen quite like that though…

Ayden and I were half a block away from home driving down the street when an idiot decides to skip the stop sign in front of him and pull out right in front of me. Um, yeah, unfortunately he decided he wanted to ruin both of our nights because I couldn’t stop fast enough and swerve out of the way and we collided. UGH! And we were SO close to being home! And then to make matters worse, the guy was in a hurry to go ref some sport and wanted to just exchange information so he could keep going. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN BUDDY! I called the police and they dispatched someone to us. No one was hurt thank goodness and Ayden was so good. He didn’t even shed a tear! Maybe would have made the other guy feel worse if he did cry though. Haha! And then the cop didn’t even give the other guy a ticket! OMG! At that point I didn’t really care though, I just wanted to go home.

We managed to get my car into the driveway, its driveable somewhat anyways. But now I have to deal with all of that insurance crap! We took the car to a mechanic today to get an estimate and he said if it were up to him, the car would be totaled. The outside cosmetic damage does not look too bad, but I guess that once you lift the hood, the whole radiator frame/bracket thing is pushed over and a few other things that would involve major repairs are out of sorts. But, its up to ‘idiot drivers’ insurance on what will happen. And here is my dilemma… as much as I would like a new car, we can’t afford one right now. And this is where the insurance people fail you because if it is cheaper for them to total the car, they will; however, cars depreciate and there is no way I will get enough for my car to get me another one as good as mine currently is. So, even though the accident was totally not my fault, if my car does get totaled out, I’m still the one at a loss! UGH again! Praying that everything works out!

In the mean time, until I hear from the ‘idiot drivers’ insurance company, I am driving Jay’s truck and he is borrowing his works truck to drive to and from work. Hopefully I will hear from ‘idiot drivers’ insurance company soon so I can get a loaner car.

Needless to say, Ayden didn’t make it to cub scouts and my paper didn’t get finished. I was barely even able to sit down for five minutes after the accident, I was so wound up. And then when I went to go to sleep last night, every time I closed my eyes I saw the collision over and over. It sucked! :(

Today was a little better, I’ve definitely tried to look on the bright side of things today and just not worry about it and I had some good moments. Definitely need to finish my paper tonight though, thinking I will be able to, although I should have done it earlier today, haha! I wasn’t very productive at school while I was there this afternoon. I talk too much!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: