Friday, October 1, 2010

Randomness!

Thursday...

I'm in a pretty great mood as of today! I 'officially' posted my photography page on Facebook the other night and invited all of my friends, you know all 200 that I have (and I probably only keep in touch with less than 50 of them, lol), to view the page and already have 34 'likes'. Okay, so I know that many people just get requests to like a page and do it without even thinking about it and/or viewing it, but it still makes me feel good. My original purpose of creating the page, like I might have said yesterday, wasn't to start a business or make a living off of photography, but to move the pictures that I've taken for others and just miscellaneous ones I've taken off of my personal page and moving them over there. I definitely love taking on new 'business' and photographing others, don't get me wrong. But, it really does make me feel good that people like my photography as much as I do. I do try really hard to get some good photos, but I also know that I can't compete with the pros either. I like offering low price pictures to those who want them as long as they know I'm not a professional so they don't expect the best of the best.

Anyways, I'm also in a good mood because my morning meeting with my supervisor went really well. I had asked him if there was anything that he found very concerning so far with the way that I was doing things and he said that I was right on track which I see as a big compliment from him because he is the hardest grader I think and I NEED to do good for clinic. Not only WANT to, but NEED to... future scholarships depend on it and I really like those, hehe! Although I don't like the work 'required' with them.

Friday...

Thursday's good mood has not rubbed off on today. Today did not start out bad and it's not going bad per say, but my good mood definitely isn't as bright as it was the other day. My day started out fine and dandy despite the fact that it is Friday and I'm not supposed to have class and I had a two hour lab. But, as I got to campus and parked and got out of my car... I realized that my sandal had broken! :( I knew when I put it on that it was coming loose, but I didn't think it would actually break. Ugh, had to walk all over the place with a sandal that didn't want to stay on all day. That is what I get for deciding to wear cute sandals with my skinny jeans instead of my boots that I normally wear. Was thinking I'd leave the boots for tonight when I go out with my friends.

Lab went okay. I mean as okay as it can with the professor that we have. We had almost two hours of practicing head rotation stuff on each other. Then it was time to go over our labs that we had turned in. We did fairly well on all three that we had handed in so far... 88% on one, 95% on another, and he didn't even give us our grade on the last one. He said that the last one looked good and he didn't have any comments on it so he wasn't going to waste paper making copies to hand back to us so I'm assuming we got at least an A on it. I'm okay with the grades and I'm okay with the comments that he made about our answers to the questions. What I'm not okay with are his comments on the way we wrote our answers. We are answering lab questions, we are not turning in a research paper... it is not going to be perfect, but apparently at the graduate student level everything you turn in needs to be in the upmost perfect condition with everything just P.E.R.F.E.C.T!!! At least according to this professor and it drives me nutso! I guess we will just have to improve our writing so it is to the T!!!

I suppose that those are the only things that have 'ruined' my day so far and it really wasn't ruined, just totally bummed me out a little bit.

I am going out tonight with one (hopefully two of my friends) and one friend's sister in law. We are hitting up a bar/club for some karaoke! Not so sure on the whole getting up in front of people and making a fool of myself, but I'm thinking Kristi will be able to con me into getting up on stage with her and belting out some horribly off key tune! That's how we do it! It will be a great night out just for letting loose, even though I probably won't drink and if I do, it'll be little to nothing. You know, unless Kristi cons me into it with peer pressure and then I'll get drunk off my butt and feel like crap all day tomorrow when I need to be studying. Okay, probably not, I'm not one to give into peer pressure.

*Sidenote- I have a whole speech planned out already for my wedding that states I (we- Jay and myself) will succumb to nothing to get us to kiss during the dinner, you know, aside from the whole thanking everyone for coming etc... I think the clinking of the silverware/glasses is SO stupid and really don't want to even have the hassle of kissing during dinner so we aren't coming up with anything else (although a few weddings I've been to have come up with other ways to get the bride and groom to kiss and they were kind of cute, but it really just isn't my thing). Knowing the Hoerth's there WILL be clinking of the glasses, but knowing me I WILL NOT be standing up and interrupting my supper to kiss Jay. If you know me well enough, you will know that I can be stubborn like that. Sorry, but really at that point all I'll want to do is sit down and enjoy some food without interruption so bring on the glass clinking because I CAN and WILL ignore it! Okay, enough of that, but the whole not giving into the peer pressure thing brought that to my mind and my blog, I chose what I write, haha!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: