Sunday, October 3, 2010

Girls just wanna have FUN!!!

I went out Friday night with my friend Kristi (Robin was unable to make it), Kristi’s sister in law, and Kristi’s ex brother in law and we had a GREAT time! Her family was visiting for the weekend and they were SO good at not making me feel like the fourth wheel since they were all close and what not. We definitely got our karaoke on too!

We hit up a bar just outside of town that was doing karaoke and were surprised to find out that the majority of the bar crowd was an older generation. The people at the bar were already having so much fun with the karaoke that we decided to stay and have fun with it too!

I have to admit that Kristi ‘peer pressured’ me into drinking more than I probably would have, but it definitely wasn’t as much as everyone else drank. We started at 10pm and got home just before 3am and during that five hours I had three drinks and one shot. I stopped probably around 1am knowing that I’d already drank more than I have thus far in my existence and had a weekend full of studying that I needed to get done and couldn’t afford to spend half of Saturday in bed or hanging over the toilet. Three drinks may not do much to a seasoned drinker… but I am not a seasoned drinker.

I can’t really say if the alcohol had any affect on me or not. I remember all of the night, had lingering bad side effects, like headache, puking, etc… and I can act pretty crazy with alcohol, so whether or not it loosened me up a bit for karaoke I cannot say, lol! I also had my first taste of beer and I was SO right, it tastes just as bad as it smells and I don’t know why people drink that shit! Give me a fruity drink any day, lol!

And it was nice because after I had my last drink, everyone was good about asking me if I wanted another, but didn’t pressure me into it either. I have to say that Kristi really didn’t have to pressure me into drinking the other ones either, not like she was relentless about it or anything, she just wanted us to have fun.

Karaoke was great! I think it helped that everyone else at the bar was having a good time too and there wasn’t any pressure getting up there and belting out a good tune, although I do admit that I didn’t go up alone like Kristi did a few times. She really rocked the house! We had so much fun! It was definitely the kind of night that I needed and I am so glad that I went out with everyone. Definitely not something I’d like to do all of the time, but you know, when the stress builds. Kristi was by far the most wasted and did start acting like it by the end of the night. It wasn’t annoying like, but it also reaffirmed my beliefs on why I don’t drink (often or much) or get drunk. You just ask silly and stupid. I can do that without drinking. Her sister in law wasn’t as crazy, but she felt the affects of it most of all and the pizza we had afterwards probably didn’t help the fact and she ended up tossing her cookies. I felt bad for her, but really, its what you get.

Like I said, definitely a great night, until I got home and Jay started in on me again. We sort of had it out before I left. He got all cranky on me because I was going to wear my boots out and he didn’t want me to. He kept saying it was just because he didn’t want me to wear them with no other reason behind it, but I know that if he were coming out with me that he would have had no problem with me wearing them. It was because I was going to a bar alone (well without him). And then he started in on me when I got home because I didn’t listen to him and wore them anyways. It pissed me off and we had it out some more. Honestly, I didn’t really care what he thought because I wanted to wear them because I like how I looked in them with the outfit I was wearing. Aren’t I allowed to feel good in my clothes? Maybe I should have cared about his opinion, but I didn’t. I wanted to wear the boots so I did. It was for nothing more than making myself feel good, isn’t a girl allowed to do that? Its not like I’m a teenager in a non committed relationship and I wanted to sex myself up for guys at the bar. I’m engaged to the love of my life, going out with two other married girls! He had no problem with the dressy (clinic appropriate- so NOT sexy) shirt I was wearing and jeans, it was just the boots. MEN! He was jealous, he just won’t admit it.

We got over our issue and then went to bed. Ayden and him left yesterday morning for the weekend and I’ve been stuck at home on the couch with my heating blanket and portable heater watch Lifetime and studying my balance textbook for our test tomorrow. Jay doesn’t want me to turn on the heat in the house until he gets home to make sure it is working good after the summer of not using it so portable heater and heating blanket it is! Fun fun!

After a great night of sleep and sleeping in until 9am… it is now time to shower and get ready for the day of more studying, more Lifetime, and a possible nature walk with my camera to capture some of the fall colors, then a study session tonight with my friends for our test!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: