Monday, October 25, 2010

Teacher say what?!

Sitting in class, attempting to pay attention and not succeeding very well. Bummer! Mondays are a very hard day for me to pay attention throughout the entire time we have class. I’ve probably said it before, but here is what my Monday schedule looks like…

Fortunately, I get to sleep in until about 7:30 every day during the week, except Tuesdays. For that I am extremely grateful because this has not happened in YEARS! And that means I get to stay up later at night and still get a good nights sleep. I usually stay up until 10-11pm, which really isn’t that late, but it still allows me to get a good nights sleep.

After getting ready, I drop Ayden off at school end get to campus around 9am. From 9am until 10am, I am usually doing something clinic or class related whether its doing edits or printing off new power points for class.

My fist lab starts at 10am and goes until noon. From noon until 1pm, I have a small break for lunch in which I usually waste away the time chatting with my classmates or doing some clinic related stuff. From 1pm until 2:15pm I have my second class… 2:15 to 3pm in which I continue to dick around with my time and attempt to get a few things done.

Then I have class from 3pm until 6:40pm with a 20 minute break, which is usually only five minutes because my professor does not seem to know when her class ends and our break is supposed to start before our next class is supposed to start. She’s a great professor, super smart, but she doesn’t know how to read a clock very well (or keep her students entertained in class because I’m blogging when I should be paying attention). And then… I usually get home around 7pm because it takes me about ten minutes to walk to my car and another ten minutes to drive home.

What a day… and it is not over yet.

Found out some bad news today and hoping whoever reads this can throw up some prays for my classmate… she is in need of some. She’s been having some trouble keeping up with our classes and keeping her grades up and had a conference today with our advisor. It was decided that she will be dropping two of our classes this semester and has to retake one from last year next semester and will essentially still be a second year student next year when myself and my other classmate are third years. My other classmate and I were so sad to hear this because we don’t want to lose our third wheel! We understand that if she needs to do this to continue with the program, then we are in full support of her. But my friends, that is not all. She’s also been having some medical procedures done as of late and she let us know that some of the more recent results were not very good. She would not go into much detail with us, and it is not my place to be putting it all out there for everyone to read,  but I just ask that if you can, spare a pray for her because she is in desperate need of it. She is the matriarch of the group since she is older, has four kids, and is always looking out for everyone. She is the support giver, not the taker. My heart feels for her as she is going through this time of her life and praying that everything us okay.

Only 19 days until I get my tattoo! Shown below is something similar to what I want to get. I am getting three lilies on my side, although I want mine a little smaller and a LOT more colorful. I am going for a colorful bright tattoo! But I really like this design.I’ll definitely share a picture of what mine turns out like after I get it done. I am getting excited for it! When I scheduled it, I thought that it was going to take forever to get here and it was taking its time, then these last two weeks have just flown by (I wonder why). So although I don’t want to wish the next 19 days away, I wouldn’t mind them not taking forever though, if you catch my drift.

This Friday is my grandparent’s 50th wedding anniversary party. I was all gung-ho on wearing this cute shirt I recently got from a friend who went through her closet and wearing it with my skinny jeans and my boots… thinking that that would be dressy enough for something like that. I mean, seriously, its not a wedding, so it shouldn’t really matter. And then Jay decides he wants to get dressy and wear a blazer and maybe a shirt and tie with some dress pants. What?! Hold up, since when does he want to dress up more than me? So, I have a question my readers, think he can pull off some good jeans, a halfway decent t-shirt and the blazer over the t-shirt or are we too Wisconsin-ish to pull off something that would work elsewhere in the country? Because I really don’t want to get any dressier than what I have picked out and I don’t want him going dressier than me and/or anyone else there because then he’d just look funny. Ha, that doesn’t take much!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: