Thursday, April 23, 2009

Almost done… almost done… A.L.M.O.S.T!

These last few weeks cannot go fast enough, although I really wish that they would speed up a little bit. I won’t deny that the individual weeks are going by swiftly, but we STILL have two weeks of classes left AND then FINALS! I know that I shouldn’t be complaining because I am forever wishing that time would slow down so I would have more time to do stuff, but I just want to be done with it all. But what am I saying, I might be taking a summer class. I really should look into that if I want to get that done because before I know it I will not be able to take it anymore. Speaking of that, I need to send something in for that as well. Forever increasing my list of things that need to get done. Ah, but what am I saying, compared to some people my list of things is rather short.

I was listening to a friend complain about all the stuff that they had to get done before the end of the semester. I wanted to tell her that if she actually put time into things instead of spending all weekend going out or all night on the phone that she wouldn’t have so much to do. Don’t put everything off until the last minute and then it wouldn’t be so bad. However, I cannot blame her for being busy all weekend because she is spending time with her boyfriend who she only gets to see on weekends… the complaining is just getting pretty old. I mean like seriously… no one’s life is perfect.

Who am I to talk though, right? I guess it is just different because the first thing out of my mouth to her isn’t a whole long list of complaining about this and that and what nots. Oh well…

I learned how to do acoustic reflexes today on the tymp machine. My grad student was going to show me how, but he ended up having a last minute hearing air repair so another first year grad student offered to teach me and I thought that was super nice. She did a great job teaching me as well. I feel much more confident with my abilities for that machine now when my practical exam is up (which is like two weeks from now which is great!). On Monday, my friend and I are going to practice everything that we will know for the practical. We have an hour set aside to do it and I’m excited to feel even more comfortable about it. Ah, grad school prep!

I wrote my final lesson plan tonight and I am excited to have our last session. But this excitement isn’t for the last session part, but to be able to do the activities together. I met with my supervisor today to go over my final therapy report and there are only a few things that I need to change on it and it will be done. Not even all that much that I needed to change on it. I feel that I’ve learned a lot this semester in therapy and having this practicum was definitely not as bad as I thought it would last fall. I remember being super freaked about starting clinic and now it is coming to an end.

My friend, Kristi, and I went out to lunch today again. She is the one that I went out to lunch with about two weeks ago to Dairy Queen. Today we skipped took a break from our Sociology class and went to Culvers. We thought we deserved it, lol! Actually, I think it was the first class that I skipped took a break from all year long. I could be wrong, but at least I know it was the first one this semester. We definitely needed it because that class is just… well… I guess you’d have to be there. As well, we did our presentation on Tuesday and didn’t want to sit through more today. We figured since the information wasn’t going to be on the following test and we weren’t going to be missed that it was fine, hehe! As well, we were doing a service to our classmates by decreasing the number of students to make them nervous during their presentations, lol! Besides… Culvers was SO GOOD! And I figure it will probably be the last time that I will be able to skip take a break from class on my own free will. In grad school probably the only time that I will be able get out of class will be when Ayden is sick or school is cancelled. And then I won’t be doing so willingly because I’ll be missing important stuff.

This weekend will be filled with studying for Hearing Science… test on Monday. I am hoping that he is able to do a pretty thorough review tomorrow because I am feeling pretty lost at this point. I know that we have covered material since our last test, but it doesn’t seem like he has gone into anything really in depth and what he has gone over is completely over my head. Who knows. Hoping for an easy test! But probably won’t happen…

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: