Monday, April 13, 2009

ENGAGED!!!

Jay and I recently got engaged!!! I know most people would be jumping at the bite to let the whole world know… especially if they are an avid blogger like myself, and its not that I’m not excited about it or don’t want to let the whole world know, but I think because it wasn’t some romantic planned out escapade that I’m not jumping at the bit to spill all of the details. That… and this is the first time that I’ve had all weekend to just sit down and write (and it’s not even the weekend… it’s already Monday night!)

So… here goes with all of the details, as unexciting as they may be and probably unromantic in many eyes, but none the less.

Jay and I have been dating for over five and a half years now (long time, right?) We’d talked about getting engaged in the past, but were never at that right point in our relationship. No matter what, we are tied together for life due to our wonderful son Ayden, but just hadn’t made things one step more serious. Does that make sense ‘one step more serious’? How much more serious could a couple get if they already have a child together?

Jay and I could have gone down another path, we could not have stayed together, but this is where we have been led and through the many ups and downs of our relationship, we have prospered, grown together, continue to grow together, and we both felt/feel that getting engaged at this point was the right next step. We could have done it earlier, we could have waited, but I don’t know, it just feels right at this point in time. Still making any sense? I don’t know, but its my blog so I suppose that I don’t exactly have to either, right?

So anyways, I’ve been hitting up craigslist quite frequently looking at their listing for apartments/duplexes/whatever because as you know… I want to move. Well, you know on those days when you are supposed to be doing something else with your time, should be doing something else with your time, but are just lolly gagging around on the internet surfing pages. You blog readers know what I mean, we all blog surf at one point, right? Well… I DO! Not only did I look at the apartment listings, but I would kind of peruse the jewelry listings as well, just incase I happened upon something. Jay would have LOVED to be engaged much sooner than me, but since our talks about not being exactly ready I think he was scared away a little by the thought of asking me fearing I might say no. Thus, I took some initiative and started looking for myself.

Last Wednesday night I just so happened upon a ring for a GREAT price that I thought was beautiful. This was the second time that this lady has posted this ring and I just knew that I had to ask Jay about it and see what he thought. Actually, in the back of my mind I had already decided that I wanted to email the lady about it and see if it was for sale. But Jay thought it was very pretty as well and said that I could email the lady. At that point we really hadn’t talked about what the ring would mean. I didn’t want to get too excited because knowing my luck it wouldn’t even be for sale anymore… BUT… it was!!! A few emails were exchanged… a meeting point set up… and Friday was the pick up day for my ring.

Before then though… Thursday night Jay broached the topic of what the ring would mean. We talked about it and both thought it would be great if we made it official, called it an engagement ring. I mean, what I bought was a wedding set, it’s just whether or not we would call it that. Jay was SO excited and happy and elated at our decision. If it’s possible, I think he was more excited than me. I don’t know… like I said, it just feels right now. So, like I said at the beginning, it wasn’t anything all planned out ahead of time, romantic, or whatever proposals are supposed to be, but that really isn’t what matters (at least to me). It doesn’t matter that I picked out the ring, it doesn’t matter that the ring is used, it doesn’t matter that it’s not a huge two carat diamond (or whatever)… it only matters that I’m in love with a great guy, a superb father, the one that makes me smile…

Without further ado, here are the before pictures of my ring… it’s nothing super big, but it’s perfect for me and I’m in love with it! I say before pictures because it is soldered together right now and not my size. It is currently being resized and unsoldered and cleaned. I will post some after pictures when I pick the ring up on Wednesday.

DSC05177 DSC05178

Okay… I’m sure there is a lot more that I could write about this, but I’m about to sign off and chill out for a while before going to bed.

Btw, have any of my readers heard of Skype? I just downloaded it tonight and talked to Jay’s aunt in Iowa… it’s the coolest thing and it’s FREE! Well for the most part, like the video calls through your computer! I’m so excited to figure more out about it!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: