Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Weekend

I haven't had the chance to update everyone on our Easter weekend... I sort of got sucked into a new show last night on MTV. Normally I am not all up into watching MTV, except for shows like True Life and during some seasons Real World and occasionally The Hills. Anyways, they had been running previews for this new show called College Life and it's about four college students that tape themselves with cameras pretty much all the time. It's supposed to be more 'real' because they aren't being taped by a filming crew etc etc etc... anyways, it looked kind of interesting and so I wanted to see what it was about. The premiere was last night and I had to watch it. Guess what?! Turns out the that college that these students are going to while they are filming themselves is none other than... UW MADISON... IN WISCONSIN!!! Hello! I totally know that school! Okay, so I didn't go there or whatever, but it's IN Wisconsin and ON MTV! Seriously, how often does something like that actually happen. Obviously I do not know these students, but I know the area and it is just super cool (or maybe I'm a total dork). I cannot say for certainty why they chose UW Madison as the school of choice for this particular show, but I'm lead to believe that Madison has a very high 'rep' as a party school. It may be a very good school as well and hard to get into, but when people say Madison, they have to think the drinking party as well. So anyways, the first show was okay. Definitely not something that I NEED to watch, but I think I might continue with the show just because it is taking place in Madison and I want to see what goes on. Ought to be at least a little interesting to some extent. Anyways, had to let you know what I 'discovered' last night.

Oh oh oh!!! And... GUESS WHAT AGAIN?!?! Prison Break starts up again THIS FRIDAY!!! I am so totally stoked about that! It's been off for a good three/four months now. I don't know why they are putting it on Fridays now, but I suppose that that is a better day for me because Monday nights are always so busy for me. I do not know how much longer the show will run. I know that this will be the last season of it, but don't know how many episodes they have planned for it. I am so excited to get my Wentworth Miller time back, lol! Say it again please... yes I know I'm crazy. Crazy in love with Wentworth Miller, haha! I'm in a pretty good mood this Tuesday morning. I am currently waiting for my Aud clinic to start and should be working on my poster presentation. In my defense, I did get about five slides done for it before I started blogging so that isn't bad. I just need to write the paper before Friday... and it is only going to be the first draft... all is well!

So... finally off to our Easter... or should I say the weekend...

Friday night we stopped at Hu Hot on our way 'home' and it was so yummy (like usual)! I was surprised that when we got there we were able to get seated right away. We didn't arrive until about 6ish and on a Friday night I thought it would be pretty busy and we'd have quite a long wait in line. Luckily we got there when we did because by the time we left there was quite a line. Ayden ate really well and so did Jay and myself. I always leave that place stuffed to the max and last Friday was definitely no exception!

Saturday morning we headed over to my mom's house for Easter egg coloring, an egg hunt and just to have a good time. And a good time it was! Ayden got to go on an egg hunt that had clues built in and he was super excited and did a great job! Coloring eggs went really well and the pizza burgers we had for lunch were SO YUMMY as well! We spent most of the day there.

Sunday was our 'busy' day with heading over to my dad's parent's house and then Jay's mom's parent's house. We didn't get home until about 9pm Sunday night and then Ayden had to 'hunt' for his eggs and basket at our place. It was worth it though! It was definitely nice to see all of our families again and just chill out for two days and not worry about school. I did bring some work with me and got a little bit of done, but didn't stress out about it or feel like I should be doing any of it. Of course that doesn't mean I didn't feel the stress of trying to get everything ready for school Sunday night. Printing out stuff for clinic, making sure everything is ready for that, checking my hearing screening schedule, knowing what I have to do get done for my poster presentation and all of the extra what nots and who nots... But it really was a good weekend!

Today Ayden had his kindergarten screening. I got to take him this morning. They do it with groups of children so the parents don't have to stay. Ayden seeemd pretty excited and didn't cry or anything when I left. I tried to keep him really upbeat about it and that he was just going to have fun playing with some new friends for a little while and then dad was going to pick him up and take him to his regular school for the rest of the day. He was pumped and gave me a hug and smooch bye and a big high five! I've had a few people tell me that I am going to cry on his first day of kindergarten and I'm all thinking that it probably won't happen. I mean I didn't really even flinch when I dropped him off for his first day of daycare when he was a baby. But... as I was driving to campus this morning the tears almost started flowing. What a mom, right? Not even his first day of actual school and already I'm getting all choked up about it. But hey... I left my little guy at his new school... the school where he will be starting kindergarten at! OMG! It's all starting to hit home!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: