Friday, April 24, 2009

New Friends

The weather today was absolutely gorgeous!!! Well this morning sort of stunk it up (weather wise), but it definitely redeemed itself by this afternoon! I woke up at 7:00am to a rumble of thunder. I got up and shut the window because I didn’t want it raining it, didn’t think much of it, and laid back down. My phone started ringing at 7:30am and I was wondering who the heck was calling me that early in the morning. I was already awake so it was okay… and it was a friend from school so it was no bother that she was calling. She had a few things to tell me about the impending surprise baby shower we were throwing. It then dawned on me that it was still Friday and it was raining outside! I was totally bummed because today was supposed to be great weather… GREAT WEATHER! And well… rain and thunder was not going to do it!

Fast forward a little bit and I’m on campus helping my friends set up for the shower. We go to class and I can barely make it through paying attention. I was a little frustrated because our professor did not review as much as he should have had for our test on Monday. Needing to get some good studying done this weekend! Trying to stay motivated!!!

The baby shower was a total surprise for my friend Kristi! It was so great to see the look on her face! I was so happy for her! And the food that everyone brought was so yummy! She loved her gifts and was left speechless! Props to my friend Leah who had the idea and made everything work out so awesome! She was totally awesome! Go Leah!!!

I went to work for a little while after that and then headed out to pick up Ayden from school. I had big plans to go to the park or the beach or something. It was too nice out to just go home and stay inside all afternoon, no matter what Ayden wanted to do. He said he wanted to make cookies so I told him that we could make cookies after we went outside. I’m good at bribing  compromising with my child, lol. I even said that we could use our sidewalk paint outside today. Normally this would be a total NO-NO because after using it once and it not coming off very easily (lots of hands and knees scrubbing) I decided that we would not be using it anymore. However, with the impending rainy weather all weekend I thought it would be an okay idea. Lots of rain will definitely wash it all off.

So, we set outside to paint on the sidewalk. What started out as me and Ayden turned into the two neighbor kids joining us, as well as their dad. They’ve been living by us for about six months now, but this is the first time that Ayden has played with them. We had fun painting and getting to know each other. There is a little boy (10ish) and girl (7ish) and they are too cute. Ayden got lots of fresh air and it was great! He even went outside after supper to play with them himself and it was too cute to see him playing with some new friends! My little boy is growing up! I know that he has friends at school and plays with them all the time, but to actually see him playing with some new friends is great!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: