Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Decisions decisions…

So, today Jay and I went to go look at that new duplex. Well, not brand new, but new to us and I wish the decision was much easier than it is. You see, this place isn’t crying out ‘rent me rent me’, but it isn’t screaming ‘run away run away’ either. Both Jay and I are at a crossroads with what to do about this new place. We see lots and lots of positives, but also some negatives as well. We can’t decide if the negatives out weigh the positives or the other way around! We can’t decide if we want to fill out the rental application or not. And just because we will out the application doesn’t mean we automatically get the place either. Although, I don’t see much reason why we would not get it, unless someone else wanted to rent it as well and didn’t have a pet. We have darn near perfect credit and had no trouble getting our last two places. The owners seem super nice as well! Overall, the upstairs is a little small, but it has a finished basement which is huge that we could turn into an office/play room and that would be great. That would make up for the lack of space upstairs because all of Ayden’s toys could be downstairs. Plus, it has a little back yard. It feels a little more ‘closed in’ compared to our current place, but I think the basement definitely makes up for it. The rent is only $10 more per month from what we are paying now, however we’d have to pay for the heat (which is natural gas) and that would add a cost, especially in the winter. Ugh, I really don’t know what we should do! I think I’m trying to rationalize it in my head that we should apply for it, but I’m so afraid that I will be making the wrong decision. I want to be happy to wherever we move next because I would like to live there for longer than two years. We have about a two year thing going on here… two years at our first place… two years at our current place… hoping maybe at least to stay at our next place (wherever that may be) until I am done with grad school. What to do… what to do?!?!

I can already see everything laid out in my head and where it would all go, I can see picnics in the back yard, parties with friends, faux bon fires (you know the type of pit you set up on TOP of the grass), sand box, but… oh I’m so confused!

As if this week wasn’t already bad enough. Well, I’m not saying that having to make a decision like this is bad, but it has definitely added to the ‘stress’ of the week and it is ONLY Tuesday!

I had a HORRIBLE test yesterday in my Hearing Science class. You know, the one that I complained and complained about not wanting to take. It was EVERY bit as horrible as I imagined it was going to be and the whole class (well I’m assuming almost everyone… we had a pretty big group in the lounge before class complaining about it) agrees with me. Everyone is hoping for a curve and or a re-do. Simply put… the test was total BS! One might say, well maybe you should have studied more, longer, better… oh I did study, both Saturday and Sunday and then for over an hour BEFORE the test on Monday! Apparently I am not cut out to be Hearing Science material!

On a different note, I was my grad student’s patient today for his practical exam. I felt bad for him and terrified for next year because that will be me. You see… he knew what he was doing and probably got a really good grade, but he had all three supervisors watching him/grading him while he was giving me the tests. Talk about nerve wracking! But he did great (well at least I thought so) and I was proud of him. Well as proud as one mentee can be of her mentor, lol! And it was my last day of aud clinic so that was good too. Tomorrow is my last day of therapy and I got my final therapy report all done! And it will be last day of having to dress up! Yeah again!

Going to go see if last weeks episode of Prison Break is online because apparently they aired it at 7pm instead of 8pm last week and… I MISSED IT! No biggie though because it is not as good as the first season. Anyways, it will give me something to do because I missed the new episode of NCIS tonight (although since finding out when the new episodes air, I don’t think we’ve managed to catch a new one, lol)…

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: