Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Disconnected

MONDAY…

That is precisely how I feel right now and I don’t know if there is really any logical reason behind that. My motivation for just about everything is lacking and I am busier than I want to be. I’ve been slacking on my writing and that is what makes me feel complete (most days)… I think I am just in a funk.

Today is supposed to be Not Me Monday (hosted by MckMama)… but little Mr. MckMuffic (or Stellan as we all so lovingly know him) is still in the PICU at Children’s. Please continue to keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers and he continues to fight through his SVT! If it happened to be one of those Not Me kind of Mondays I would be saying that I certainly do not check MckMama’s blog almost a million times and keep up to date with her Twitters. I did not seriously consider getting her updates on my phone because I wanted to know that bad. I have unlimited texting so I would not be worried that I’d go over my limited amount of texts because MckMama doesn’t keep us that up to date. I am not thankful to her for that because I do not worry about her little man and her whole family!

Maybe it’s the fact that I’m still so worried about little Stellan and his family that I don’t feel like writing. He is in my thoughts throughout the day many many times… always wondering what is going on and how he is doing.

Our weekend was very good. It was busier than I thought it would and I was able to get a lot more done than I thought I would, even though I had anticipated in getting a lot done. I finished Breaking Dawn on Sunday night! It was just as good as it was the first time which made me think I spent my time reading it wisely… because I know that I should have been doing homework or something else when I was reading it.

TUESDAY…

So… I’m back again… trying to actually get this post done. I ran out of ambition last night to finish this post and just sort of stopped. Back to my weekend. Friday night was not all that busy, but Saturday was our busy day. The weather was nicer so Ayden and I made our first trip to the beach. Beach?! Yes… we went to the beach. If you’ve been following me for some time now, you will know that we have a little beach area down the road from us that we like to frequent. Of course it was too cold to go swimming, I mean it probably wasn’t even 50 degrees outside, but we had SO MUCH FUN!

We brought the sand toys and made sand castles and Ayden even got wet (despite my best efforts of trying to keep him dry).

DSC05134Here is our river (beach) that we love to frequent in the summer. Last year it was a lot fuller at this time compared to the height of the water this year. It is perfect for little kids because it is so shallow and the water actually gets pretty warm in the summer! I love it!!! And so does Ayden!

DSC05137

So much for trying to keep Ayden dry… walking right into the water on the edge. At least at this point his feet were not wet yet. Or so he says, but I believed him because I took this picture shortly after we got there and he didn’t start complaining of wet feet until we’d been there for a while and he’d been in the water A LOT more!

DSC05136

These are my lovely feet… only hidden under shoes and socks! Oh how I wish it was warm enough to have gone to the beach bare foot, but I suppose that in early April in WISCONSIN (of all places) that I should just be happy that it was warm enough to get outside and to the beach rather than be cooped up in the house all weekend!

DSC05145

It’s really hard work carrying that bucket full of water up to me. Check out that hard working face he has on!

DSC05153 

And like I said… we went to the beach dry and I tried my best to keep my little guy dry, but unfortunately no such thing happened. We left the beach with pants and shoes and socks soaked! It was a fun afternoon and the fresh air certainly tired both Ayden and myself out… but that wasn’t the end of our busy day…

While we were at the park I got a call from my aunt. She had told me back around Christmas time that her son would be playing a basketball game in Point in April and that she would call me when they came up and we could go out to eat or something. Well, I had totally forgotten about that until she called me Saturday afternoon. She asked if we wanted to come over to their hotel and go swimming with them.

Jay headed back to Chilton because he was going to attend a gun raffle with his parents. He left in the afternoon as Ayden and I were leaving for the beach, so he didn’t get to come swimming with us. But Ayden and I went swimming around 5pmish with my aunt and uncle and cousins. It was a blast! The best part was that I was smart enough to bring Ayden’s life vest along with us and I put that on him before we got into the pool. We were the only ones in the pool so that was even better. Once I showed Ayden how if he jumped in, his life vest would help him float… he was jumping in right and left by himself. It was definitely a plus to have that along because then I didn’t need to be carrying him around all the time or have to worry about him as much. Of course I was still pretty glued on him/close to him because I wanted to make sure he would be okay, but it made swimming so much more fun! I wish I would have brought my camera because I would have loved to get some pictures/video of him jumping in by himself. He had lots of fun and was even more tired after we left.

After that my aunt and uncle took us out for supper to Mickey D’s… it was super nice of them! Lots of fresh air and then some swimming totally led for early bed times for both Ayden and myself on Saturday night!

On Sunday… Jay got home in the early afternoon and I went and did some shopping at good ole Kohls! I got some new shorts for myself because I haven’t gotten any in like the last fours years. Plus I had a 20% off coupon! It wasn’t too bad… and by that I mean my spending habits! Lol!

Monday brought hearing screenings and therapy… reflections and lesson plans… studying for a test… and trying to complete an assignment that I had no idea what I was doing on. Hearing screenings went great. I totally remembered how to run the tymp machine and was worrying about nothing. Therapy went pretty good, although my client was a little energetic, but I managed to keep him relatively reigned in. And my supervisor said that it went well so that is good. Reflection and lesson plan writing took a lot less time than I thought it would. Studying… well didn’t exactly get to that until this morning because I was so not motivated last night. And that stupid assignment… well I turned it in only half done. I even spent extra time trying to figure out how it should be completed and then said screw it and turned it in the way it was. I’m upset that we had to even turn it in in the first place because we were not informed that we would have to. Oh well… we should be getting our tests back for that class soon… I hope!

Speaking of tests… I got some studying in for my test this morning after my aud clinic. I thought the test was pretty easy so we will see. I’m hoping to get an ‘A’ but in all honesty will be okay with a high ‘B’ because this class is not my top priority.

And my aud clinic went really well too! I got to do some bone conduction with masking today which was pretty awesome. I had to be taught all over how to do it, but that was okay. It’s all about a learning experience anyways. And then I got to be a part of two hearing aid consults which was pretty cool as well. I am hoping to be able to make the appointment when the hearing aids come in because I think that is the coolest part… programming the hearing aids! Oh… all this audiology talk, makes me all warm and gooey on the inside, lol!

I have five more hearing screenings to do tomorrow. I am okay with that because they went really well on Monday, but it also kind of sucks because we (Jay and I) have our first ‘parent meeting’ at Ayden’s school tomorrow night precisely at the time that I have my last two screenings. That mean Jay has to go alone with Ayden and remember all of the important information for me. Lol… he is okay with going to the meeting alone, but I really wish that I could go along because well I am a mom and I like to do that sort of stuff. That and next week is his kindergarten screening and I will be able to drop him off, but Jay will have to pick him up because I have aud clinic on Tuesday morning and once again he will have to remember all of the important stuff to tell me. He’d better have a good memory!

Okay… feels kind of good to get some writing done! Have clinic tomorrow (semi wishing that it would get cancelled so I wouldn’t have to worry about anything therapy related until Monday of next week) and it should go well. I have some good activities planned… well good in my eyes and my supervisors. Doesn’t necessarily mean that my client will like them or want to do them. Can never know with the little kids, lol!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: