Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Hearing Huh?

Hearing Science test number 2 done! Results still unknown… expected results… hoping for at least a B or better… lots better than the last test, but definitely still not easy. Walked out of the room, first one done, with about five minutes left in the class period. Hence forth, test was LONG! But I don’t think it was a long as the previous test, nor as hard… but still needed to know A LOT! Not that we shouldn’t be expected to know a lot, this is a 400 level course (and as far as college goes, that means hard, or so I’ve heard) and Dr. Henry definitely is no easy professor. Needless to say I am not as depressed as I was about the last test. Should get the grade back in probably a week.

After my test today I had therapy and it redeemed my day for me. See, I didn’t sleep worth nothing last night and felt pretty crummy this morning, what with having to study more for my test and then taking the test. I really wasn’t in the mood to have therapy and deal with an over energetic client like he was on Monday. But really… today went GREAT! I was so proud of my client! We have started working on our sounds in a different position and even though is percentages weren’t great, he worked really hard and we had a good time. Plus… he is generalizing for initial /l/!!!! I am so stoked and his mom said that he is doing it at home as well! To know that I’ve had an impact on my client’s life is awesome!!! I’ll miss my little buddy when the semester is over!

Tomorrow I have my aud clinic for the week. I was supposed to have it yesterday, but my grad student changed to Thursday for this week because of a conference  andand because it is a follow up client (and I have yet to observe one of those appointments) I was able to switch my time to Thursday as well. I am really excited about it because the client will be receiving hearing aids and I cannot wait to see how he/she reacts to them and watch my grad student (yes I have pretty much laid claim to him, lol) and supervisor program the hearing aid and everything that goes with it! The things I get excited about, right?

I’m still in the mindset of wanting to move. I check the apartment listings on craiglist about a million time a day to see if anyone has posted anything new. Nothing so far… Today we went to see my friend’s apartment. We looked into moving where she lives before we found our current place, but never got a tour of the insides so didn’t know what they looked like. She has a three bedroom apartment for a pretty reasonable price. The apartments themselves are pretty nice, but I don’t think they will work for us. The layout is okay, but there is no dining room area like we have now and the living room is a little smaller. It works for them really nice, but I’d rather stay where we are now. But that doesn’t mean I am not looking pretty hard for someplace new to live. My only hurry as of right now is if we do find a new place, depending on where it is, I might have to transfer Ayden to a new school and such. I’m not going to worry about that right now… and it’s not as if we don’t like where we live at this current moment because we do. I’ve said it over and over… I really like our current place, we just want out of apartment living. Someday… when the time is right!

So, my best friend just went through something that I was going through a few months ago… however, she made it through successfully and is happier than I’ve seen her in a while. I see only good things in her future and am so excited for her! She was a bit concerned about what she wanted to do and/or how she was going to do it. I told her that she needed to jump at the opportunity presented to her because she saw that I didn’t and got screwed in the end and I really didn’t want that to happen to her. It doesn’t mean that she will not get screwed in the end because no one knows the future, but she is on the right path and I’m excited to see what the future holds for her!

Ayden has been a bit of a crab this week. Maybe it’s the crappy weather that we’ve been having and his lackage of outdoor time. Or maybe he’s just having a bad week. Whatever it is… it’s annoying, lol! Everyone is entitled to crabby days though. I think Jay is having a bit of a crabby week as well because he has been snapping at Ayden more than usual too. Sometimes Ayden asks for it, but Jay just flies off the handle a little too fast. Oh well…

I am hoping to get some good sleep tonight. The season finale of The Real World is on tonight and I am looking forward to watching it. I haven’t watched all of this season of it, but caught a few episodes and it seems like this season wasn’t as full of as much drama as some of the other ones. I dunno… I usually don’t watch all that much MTV except for the occasional Real World or True Life (that can be pretty good sometimes).

My friend finished the last book in the Twilight series and gave it back to me tonight (I let her borrow my copy) and it is SO calling my name. It is sitting on the stool in the kitchen and I am feeling the pull of it for me to pick up and start rereading it. Oh how easy it would be get sucked into it once again and just revel in the world of Edward and Bella. I would like to reread the first three books, but I’ve seen the movie three times now and so rereading the first book would be kind of redundant, the second book is too much about Jacob, and the third book… well it was good, but why not just dive into the last one (because it was the best)? Maybe I will tonight… nothing better to do.

Nothing better to do my butt!!! I have to big projects that I should start on… just might start on them this weekend since it seems like Jay will be gone. But I think I just might have said that before so who really knows?!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: