Sunday, April 26, 2009

Less than 20 days!!!

It is less than 20 days until I graduate! I emailed out my invitations this afternoon and am going to mail out the rest tomorrow morning. I am trying to save stamps so I went the email route for those who have access to that. I know it may be not be the ‘best’ way to go about it or the most ‘formal’, but really I don’t care. I am not having this all out huge extravagant party anyways so what does it matter. I did make some super cute invitations though… do you like?

graduation graduation2

Definitely cheaper than ordering them and I think more personalized as well! Anyways, I like them and that is all that matters. I also included a little letter from myself that had more details about the so called party. I’m getting more and more excited about it, well just graduating in general. It completely bites that we still have two weeks of class left. I keep thinking that this coming week is our last week and that it is. It is good to one point because it is the last week of clinic and that helps with lots of stuff.

Here is my to-do list for the end of the semester (minus studying for tests): finish poster slides/layout, get presentation note cards ready for poster presentation, practice presentation, finish final therapy report, one reflection, one more lesson plan (well half of one because we are having the parent conference on Wednesday as well), practice for aud practical exam, go through with aud practical, music paper, music exam online, and then study for sociology and hearing science (again!) before finals! The list is kind of long, but in reality, it really isn’t all that much and after my exam tomorrow I know that I am on the final stretch.

I already have most of my final therapy report done… just need a few revisions. I’d say the only big project would be getting the music paper written because that isn’t started yet. The poster project just needs a few revisions as well and then taped onto the board. We start presentations on Wednesday, but I’m hoping that I don’t have to go until Friday or next Monday. I really don’t want to prepare for that because I hate public speaking. And well it’s for hearing science and I KNOW that you all KNOW how much I am not liking that class.

Jay and I have a duplex to go look at tomorrow. It is sounding pretty good from the description from the  owners, but the only problem is right now they are saying no pets. Well… we have just a little issue with that… he’s called Diesel. Jay and I decided that we would go look at the place and if we really liked it, then we would discuss it with the owners. We’ve had no problems with Diesel at our current place, no accidents, etc… We also decided that unless it was a super GREAT place that we couldn’t live without, we were not going to consider getting rid of Diesel if they would absolutely NOT allow us to have him. I am not getting my hopes up because that is never good for me, but I thought I’d tell you all about it. We’ll see how it goes.

I went to the campus library today to get some studying done. It was the first time that I went to the library on a weekend to study! In all FOUR years that I’ve been going to school here. I guess that really isn’t such a bad thing considering I haven’t been living in some noisy dorm and need the quiet, but today I needed to get away for a while and get some studying done alone. I studied for an hour and them came home. And you know what… I still don’t feel like I know anything. I am really freaking out about this test. I think I’m getting a B+/A- in the class giving the last two test grades, so I really need to do well on this test. I suppose that I would be okay with a B at the lowest for my grade in the class overall, but I really want that A and thus am going to try and get it. That… and the final is comprehensive and who likes that? Seriously… who does that anymore… comprehensive finals?! Ah… I just MIGHT survive, just maybe…

The rest of our weekend was pretty lax. With the crappy weather we really didn’t get a chance to get outside and have fun. Also, I was trying to procrastinate on studying and thus we spent a lot of time watching TV. Not so good, I know, but Ayden and I did play some games together and color… it’s just easier on crappy days to sit and watch some TV, you know? This next weekend will probably be spent here in Point as well, but hopefully won’t be as ‘stressful’ and not as much studying to do either… and maybe some good weather?! I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Off to maybe get some more studying done… good thing I’ll have an hour in the morning with probably some other classmates which is definitely how I study best!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: