Friday, April 17, 2009

Slacking!!!

It’s pretty much become my middle name by now… Slacker! I’m slacking on pretty much everything that I can these days and I blame the culprit on the wonderful weather that we’ve been having. It is pretty darn near impossible to want to get anything done with the last few great days that we’ve been having! I have managed to get done what I’ve needed to as far as school and clinic goes, but I’ve been slacking on the blogging right now. Kind of gets pushed to the back burner when I have clinic write ups to do and then a poster project that I finally got emailed in (well the first draft that was due anyways)…

My week went moderately slow and fast at the same time. Make sense? Maybe, maybe not… but that doesn’t matter.

Therapy on Monday and Wednesday went well, as did my aud clinic on Tuesday. I found out on Wednesday that Ayden would be having his speech evaluation on Thursday. Oh, btw, did I mention that he had this kindergarten screening this week as well. I think I did, but I don’t think I mentioned how well it went. He passed of course, didn’t think that he wouldn’t. Anyways, it went so well that he asked on Wednesday morning if he was going back to his new school. And then he got upset when I told him that he didn’t have to go back until summer was over. Although I was super happy that he wanted to go back already!

Back to the speech eval… I was happy to find out that he was going to get one before the semester was over because I had thought that his teacher had kind of forgotten about it. Two grad students were going to administer the tests at his daycare/school along with their supervisor (the one that Ayden sees come to his school once a week to work with other students). They gave him an articulation test and a speech intelligibility rating. We are going to have a meeting in a few weeks to go over the results and discuss where we should go from there. I am thinking that most likely Ayden will need some sort of speech, unless he drastically improves over the summer. Because it will most likely be through the school (the speech therapy) he will not start until the fall. I will be able to work with him throughout the summer, but do not know if I can make lots and lots of progress with him. They might give him another artic test in the fall and go from there. We’ll see…

I had my first grad school advising meeting today. I found out that next year there will only be three audiology grad students instead of the six that we were expecting. The good thing about that is that the three students will be the three from my class that applied and we all know each other and get along. The down side is that I have no idea how they are going to split up the clinic hours… if it will be more work or not. I’m excited to know that there will just be the three of us because we will definitely get more one on one attention with the teachers with the smaller class sizes. As well, we all do get along really good. I’m just hoping that I can make it through the next four years!!!

The weekend does not hold a lot for us. Jay is going to pick up our free washer and dryer from his friend’s house in Minnesota. I think he is more excited about seeing JT than he is about getting our free washer and dryer. We don’t need a washer and dryer right now, but might if we ever move and to pass up on a good set that is free, well you just can’t. Well, I just can’t, lol!

Ayden and I are going to chill at home and revel in the great weather that we are supposed to have and some of the rain that we might get as well. I am hoping that the rain stays away for most of the day. I am going to try and work on my graduation invitations as well. Another thing that I keep slacking on, not that I have a whole lot to send out because I am not having a big party or anything and could just as easily email everyone, but I am artsy like that and like to do things like that…

Okay… CIAO for now! LOVE ME!

0 comments: