Monday, April 20, 2009

Expectations

I try not to live life with too many expectations, but that doesn’t really ever happen. I suppose that maybe I should rephrase that… I try not to expect too much from the people around me because it just seems like I am inevitably disappointed at some point or another… so when I don’t expect anything, I am not disappointed. But this is definitely easier said than done (isn’t a lot that way though).

There are certain things that I’ve grown to expect from my family and certain things that they don’t follow through with. Does it hurt when they don’t follow through, yes… but they are only human and if they don’t know my expectations then how can they follow through with them.

There are certain things that I’ve grown to expect from my friends and.. pretty much the same thing applies. I think of myself as a rather friendly person. Maybe some people don’t see me like that because I am so shy that it may come off as ‘standoffish’, but once you get to know me that persona is pretty much gone. After I get to know someone I don’t think they would think of me (well those exceptionally close to me) as shy per say, but probably/most likely as quiet/reserved.

Anyways, I’ve been let down by friends in the past and try as I might to let it not get to me… it does.

But lately it’s when I don’t expect things from people that it’s surprising me the most. I’m specifically speaking about Jay and my’s engagement. (Is that correct grammar? Grammar never was my strong suit… oh well). Anyways, I really didn’t see it as that big of a thing and really still don’t. However, many people are congratulating me that I never thought would. And that is definitely not a bad thing… I guess it just goes to show me how many people out there do care/are nice than I had imagined. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, especially if I don’t know them personally, but you know the kind of people that you wouldn’t expect something like that from… and then they go and surprise you and it’s great.

I don’t really know what all that was about, but I felt like I needed to get it out… so there… done…

I had my third to last therapy session today and it went really well! I had to give an articulation test today (Goldman-Fristoe for anyone who cares) and it was my first time giving it to a client, well first time giving that specific test as it was and I was nervous that I would screw up or something, but I didn’t. My client flew through the test, but I think that was mostly due to the fact that he was given it at the beginning of the school year and he knew what to expect. And the rest of the therapy session went really well! Only two more actual therapy sessions (which I will be doing post baselining testing in) and then the final one will be the parent conference. I’m excited to be done… but it will be bitter sweet.

The weather was pretty crappy today, but it is supposed to get nice out by the end of the week. This weekend is the senior pub crawl for us ComD girls! I’m excited although I don’t even know if I am going yet, lol. The pub crawl is where the whole class gets together and bar hops. Sounds like fun, eh? Expect that I don’t drink and I have a concert to go to at 7:30pm that night. Actually, I just want to go to be able to hang out with my friends for a night… plus we all got awesome shirts made up for it! I need to call my one friend and see if she wants to go with me. She’s pregnant and so of course can’t drink. She had previously stated she wanted to go but didn’t want to be the only one not drinking. I figured we could go beforehand when everyone is still sober and eat with them and then go. Well, she could stay, but I’d have to go to my concert. I thought about going afterwards, but don’t want to go when everyone is super drunk. Not my cup of tea… but we’ll see.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: