Tuesday, June 30, 2009

There is proof...

...that my honey still does 'romantic' things every now and THEN, hehe! We are not all up on that holiday stuff at our house, or anniversary stuff, etc... More often than not we find something before the actual day and say it is for the upcoming 'event'. For example... Father's Day. Jay bought a welder probably two months before Father's Day and justified the purchase by saying it could be for Father's Day. Well, that pretty much stuck because other than a little drawing/card that Ayden did for Jay, we didn't celebrate the day very well. We went to the parade and such, but that was about it. That is just kind of the way we are I guess, and for the most part it doesn't bother me.

On occasion we do surprise each other with little items. I'll bring him back his favorite candy bar from the grocery store, he'll bring me donuts home after work, he'll surprise me with potatoes on the grill... nothing that costs a lot or is super big, but its the small stuff that really matters. That, and we don't really have the money to do big things for each other.

But... last night I was in the bedroom reading my book and Jay came in and told me that he forgot to tell me about something that he bought. Now, we don't require in our household to tell the other person about EVERY little thing they buy, however when it comes to larger items, we kind of like to discuss it first. Like I said, we aren't made out of money (but then again, who is? Okay, I know their are rich people out there, but I think you know what I meant.) and thus we make a decision as a couple on whether or not to buy something. So, when he said he bought something that he didn't tell me about, I was a little hesitant to find out what it was and what it ended up costing. He told me it was tickets to go see a concert at the Resch center for us. At first he wasn't going to tell me and just let it be a surprise, but then he reasoned that if I really wanted to know that I could just look it up because he told me that it was at the Resch center. Personally, I was just going to go along with the surprise and see who it was going to be when we got there, but he ended up telling me. He got us tickets to see Sugarland next Wendesday!

How exciting is that?! It has been a while since Jay and I have had any 'us' time or went out for a 'date night' so I am super excited about this upcoming concert. That... and the only other 'concert' that I have been to has been the Trans Siberian Orchestra and well they aren't superstars per say... although I'd go see them again in a heart beat because I am in love with their music as well! And, lets be honest here, I am a country girl at heart when it comes to music. I never really listened to it before dating Jay, but he converted me and I've liked it ever since and Sugarland is one of my favorite bands! I'd really enjoy going to Country USA, Summerfest, Fudfest, (any of those huge countryfests around the state) but they are big 'drunk fests' and I really don't want to be around those kind of people. I am sure that there are people who go to listen to the music and not drink, but I'm going with the fact that the majority don't just do that. I'd like to go with a group of people who don't drink and just have a good time. I'd love to see Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, Rascal Flatts, Dierks Bentley, Kenny Chesney, Brad Paisely, etc etc etc in concert someday! But for now I will settle for Sugarland (oh and Billy Currington, who is opening up for them!)

Jay already lined up a babysitter for Ayden (his parents) and its all good. It will be a long night and early morning since we decided we are just going to spend the night at his parent's house and leave in the morning for work/school, otherwise we wouldn't be getting back to Point until probably 2 or 3 in the morning.

All in all... EXCITED!!!

We got a lot of work done last night in the garage... organizing it and putting things away. We have a bit to do yet, but shouldn't take too long. Oh, and we are FINALLY all done with our old apartment. Just waiting for the security desposit back! Yeah!

However, our efforts in cleaning the garage last night were not without its rewards drawbacks. I park my car in the garage every night, I mean we have one, why not, lol! Well, we put a lot of things up on shelves and one of the things that Jay put on a higher shelf/rafter thing last night was Ayden's stroller. It looked like it was up there pretty secure, but apparently not. Jay was leaving for work this morning and found 1- that our garage was left open all of last night (*note to self, if Ayden says the garage door shut, make sure you check and see that it really is, thankfully nothing was taken, but I like to think we live in a relatively safe part of town) and 2- the stroller that we both thought was pretty secure, had fallen down and hit my car. I was thinking bad damage, I mean it is a bigger stroller, my car is small, and it fell from a higher distance... thankfully though just my passengar side mirror was broken off. It was a clean break, but now I am only left with one. I am hoping it will be a cheap fix, but who knows. It's okay for now though, I guess... since I only drive around town to begin with.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

2 comments:

amanda said...

yay for sweet boys.

fyi: passenger mirror cost about fifty to a hundred bucks. not that i'd know or anything. :0) when i first got my license i backed out of my parent's garage and the mirror didn't quite make it out. you have a much better story!

agk11808 said...

yay for date night and concerts!! how fun i love sugarland and i hope you have an amazing time!! FYI love the hair!!!