Friday, August 29, 2008

Tee Time

Jack... The boys went golfing again today which left me a few hours by myself. What is a girl to do when she is alone and has a replenished bank account? Shop of course! I mentioned a few days ago that I had wanted to get myself a few thing when our money came in, and well today was that day. I also forked over enough money to pay the rest of our bills, but that had to be done. I feel better now that Jay and I have some money (definitely enough to make it through the semester) but we've since tried to change our habits this summer and TRY not to spend too much. But today was sort of the exception. I figured I deserved it a little because all of the money that I had gotten for my birthday went towards neccesities of the house (ie: laundry detergent, shampoo, etc...) and I really didn't get to 'treat' myself.

So, today was a treat myself day. I started off at Target and tried a few things on. Had some things in my hand, but in the end decided they weren't exactly what I was looking for. Walked out of Target with two $5 books, some deordant and a small bottle of body spray. Then I decided to hit up Kohls, but no such luck there. I am sure that I could have found something for Ayden and/or Jay, but today I wasn't looking for them and quickly headed out of there. After Kohls I had to make a pit stop at Walmart for some buns for this weekend and originally wanted to look at the necklaces and bras, but I was in too much of a hurry and completely forgot until I got back out to my car, and then I didn't want to go back in. The next leg of my unsuccessful shopping trip lead me across town to Vanity (a little pricey, but I found two pair of jeans there last year that I LOVE and thought maybe I'd try again), but like the previous stores, nothing bought. I could have bought some stuff, but it was too much in my eyes.

But did I give up, no. I went on to JC Penny's in hopes that I might find something there. Jackpot! I ended up with 7 shirts and 2 pair of jeans... all on sale! Most of the shirts I can wear for clinic this fall too so that was really good. And then before I headed out I saw that Bath and Body Works was having a sale on their soap. 7 for $20... and I love their soap, especially the foaming ones. So I just had to replenish my stock at home... get some hand sanitizer that was 5 for $5 as well, and then three lip gloss (buy 2, get one free). What a haul, eh? I thought today ended up pretty successful and I'm happy that I finally got to treat myself just a bit. Even though I love buying for Ayden and Jay as well. The cashier at Bath and Body was super nice too! She complimented me on my purse (one from my sister's party) and actually that is the second comment that I've gotten on it. I also tried on this lotion at the counter and the whole way home was thinking that I should have bought it because it smells so good. Even as I'm sitting here I'm thinking about how good it smells because I can still smell it on my hands and how I should go and buy it still! But I probably won't. I might go back to Walmart though to look at the necklaces and bras like I had orginally intended, don't know yet. I don't know when we are leaving in the morning.

Yeah, leaving once again for the weekend. Up to Rhinelander for the shindig... Should be fun though. Found out there will be another little boy up there for Ayden to play with. So it will be Ayden, Baden, and Alex. They are all within a few months of each other age wise so they should have a grand ole time. Gonna go now... getting Ayden ready for bed and then I am going to pick up on the movie that I was watching (The Lake House) before the boys got home and Ayden asked to watch a little cartoons. He picked up a cold today (funny though because when I picked him up from daycare yesterday his teacher said that the flu was going around... I guess better to have a small cold than the flu) and he didn't have a nap so he should sleep good tonight, that and he was up around 6:30am. We'll see though.

CIAO until probably Sunday. LOVE ME!

0 comments: