Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ear Appointment

I know it is probably totally dorky of me to be so excited about attending my brother’s ear appointment tomorrow, but I am. I will admit it… I can’t wait to see what they are going to go. Well, actually I know how the hearing test is going to go, but I want to see what type of machine they use, how fast they go, if they are going to do a full exam or a just a quick screening type thing, what they are going to say to my mom, what type of lingo they will be using, how much I will be able to understand, etc etc etc… I know that my brother will probably think I am a big dorko for coming along and so forth, but I don’t really care. That is what big sisters who are going to become an audiologist are for, right?!

I have been trying to upload some pictures from this summer so far to facebook, but it hasn’t been working. I was able to get a bunch of our new place uploaded, but none of the ones that I want to upload right now will do so. It is probably because they have all been tampered with (photoshoped) and the file is too big or whatever. I’ll figure something out, but in the mean time, I’ll let you enjoy some.

Ayden and I went for another nature walk the other day on the other side of the train tracks near where we went the last time. We didn’t get to too far because well Ayden has shorter legs and it takes more out of him, but I did get some cool pictures. And yes, he is in his pajamas in the pictures because the last day of school was pj day for the kids and I just let him wear the pajamas all day long. If it is any consolation, he put them on in the morning when he woke up because he didn’t wear any to bed.

Mommy and Ayden with the wonderful scenic landscape!

Pretty orange flower (weed?) that we found while walking in the woods!

I love that we have this beautiful area inside the city. Walking on the trail you would almost forget that you are in the city, well except for the constant trains that you hear since the trail is right behind the train yard, but isn’t it SUPER pretty!

‘Come on MOM! Enough with the pictures! Let’s keep going!’

‘YEAH! We are heading back home now!’ …Really I didn’t make him walk that far, lol!

Today Ayden came with me to work for a little while. They are great at work like that and half of the people that are usually there, were not so it wasn’t that big of a deal. Plus, I didn’t have a whole lot that needed to get done and what I did need to get done, I had Ayden help me with. He was so good!!! I was so happy!

He then drew the cutest pictures! I told him that Grandma Wendy wanted his help in picking out some flowers on Saturday and then she wanted his help in planting them. I suggested that he make a list of the kind of flowers that he wanted to get with Grandma on Saturday by drawing pictures of them and the colors of them. He did such a great job! That, and it kept him busy for a while since I had a few things to accomplish.

After work we headed to Walmart because we needed some milk at home and I needed to get some light bulbs. Getting closer to Walmart I could smell a brat fry and decided that that was what we were going to have for lunch. I have a bit of cash in my wallet and thought it would be nice to help the Lions Club… I got a cheese burger and Ayden got a hot dog and we dined in the car. It wasn’t super hot out today so it worked perfectly. I could have drove home, but it was more fun to eat in the car with Ayden and talk to him. We had fun!

Later in the afternoon Ayden and I decided to take a bike ride. We could not spend the rest of this pretty gorgeous day inside… so outside it was! I didn’t think the bike ride would be very long, but we biked OVER two miles! Ayden was a great sport, although next time I will remember to bring some water and maybe snacks along to help us recoup some energy because we did some pretty big hills (well for Ayden)! It was a lot of fun, but we were both pretty pooped out by the time we got home. We sat outside on my swing drinking some juice boxes and just talking. Ayden comes up with some of the cutest stories to tell. I love children’s imaginations at this age!

I also took advantage of the day and washed the bedding in the house (minus the quilts- which I just hung on the line and sprayed with febreeze) and hung them out to dry. Everything smelt so good when I brought it inside tonight! And now we have clean bedding! But, while I was hanging things out the line semi broke so we need to get some new stuff (although I couldn’t find any in Walmart, nor could I find someone to ask, but I wasn’t in the mood to hang around and try to find someone). We’ll get some in due time!

I have left a list of things for Jay to do while we are gone tomorrow night and Saturday. The list isn’t too long and he didn’t complain about it when I showed him. I am hoping that he can get most of it done, I mean it probably would take an hour or two max if he did it all at once, maybe even not that long. It is just a few odds and ends that need to get done. And then Sunday it is a little bit of cleaning at the old place. Should be a good weekend!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: