Friday, June 26, 2009

Minnesota Trip

I am trying to plan a family trip to Minnesota for later this summer! Key word... trying... We will see how it all goes, but I would really like to make it happen. Jay and I talk all the time about how we want to do something during the summer as a family, but nothing ever really pans out. Most of the time it is just us not following through with our plans... things getting too busy and so on and so forth! This time I am a little more adamant about wanting to go. I'd like to have enough money to fly somewhere super fun or whatever, but that just isn't feasible at this point in time. At first I thought we might go to Chicago and do the Shed Aquarium and the huge Children's Museum down there, but I'm a little leery about driving in Chicago.

I then heard someone talking about the Underwater Adventure at the Mall of America and thought maybe we could go there instead. It's maybe a little closer to us than Chicago, but probably not a significant distance closer, and it is cheaper! I also found the Minnesota Zoo and thought we could do that too, seeing it is only about 10 minutes from the Mall. And we are talking Mall of America here... LOTS of other stuff to do as well! Plus going through Minnesota.. Jay is going to find some excuse to stop in Red Wing to see JT. I think that he would really like to go golfing with him, but I'm at a loss of what Ayden and I might do during that time. Maybe us two will tag along... Ayden loves golfing with Daddy and JT (and hasn't gotten to in a LONG time) and I could just bring a book along to read.

We are thinking about doing a Sunday thru Tuesday sort of trip because then hopefully the places won't be overly packed because it isn't a weekend. Nothing long or super fancy, but a family trip and something besides going home for a weekend like most of our summer ends up being.

Keep your fingers crossed that it all works out because I am excited about it!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

1 comments:

amanda said...

first off: girls night/hu hot sounds like fun.

second: minnesota is fun! i'd love to go to the mall of america and such. we really enjoyed our trip out there in october. hope your 'trying' gets somewhere. :0)