Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Weekend Full of Fun!

It was another uber busy weekend for us here at the homestead, although we were not home for much of it… well actually any of it. We left Friday later afternoon, but not before Jay added seven pails of sand to Ayden’s sand box. Seven more tonight and it will be full (and we made the whole thing for FREE)! Can’t wait to get outside tomorrow and play with it because it is supposed to be a hot ‘n humid day in good ‘ole Wisconsin. Maybe we’ll hunker down in the basement where it is cool. Tomorrow it is supposed to be a high of 90-95 degrees with super high humidity! Lots of fluids to keep us cool and hydrated is in store! Actually, I think a trip to the pool is probably in order, it is almost June... I mean July, I wish it were almost June, that'd mean my summer isn't flying me by, and we haven't been to the pool yet. Although, we haven't had super warm weather like we are having now either.

So we head off on Friday to Hu Hot (have I ever mentioned how much I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE that place)? I wish I could make it at home. The one attempt that I tried turned out okay, but not as well as I would have liked it. Oh well... We met up with Jay's aunt and uncle there and had a great time eating together! They love Hu Hot as well and just so happened, didn't have anything going on that night. We were also able to get a free dessert courtesy of my sister and facebook... sweetness!!! Yummy s'mores made at the table, how delicious!

Saturday morning we (and by that I mean Ayden and Jay's brother, Steven) went swimming in the lake. I am not a big lake swimmer and the water wasn't exactly warm either so just those two went. They had lots of fun for the amount of time that they were swimming and Ayden even jumped off the pier a few times as well. I was so proud of him. He didn't really care for the mouth full of lake water he ended up with at one point though. He told everyone that it was pretty disgusting! Lol! But we did spend most of the day Saturday outside and it left Ayden pretty drained. Because after the fun lake swimming we went to my cousin's graduation party and had lots of fun! We spent the better part of the day there... probably from 3pmish to 11pmish... LONG day in the sun, but Ayden had a blast. My dad showed up and brought Alexis. I was surprised to see them there, but then again probably shouldn't have been because even though he is technically not part of that family anymore, everyone still treats him like it. It was definitely nice to have Alexis there because Ayden and her just went off and played a lot together. Ayden also hung on my brother for a lot of the night... cool dudes they were together!

I had fun just sitting and relaxing and shooting the breeze with my cousins and sister. We always have a good time when we get together. And since the ones that I am referring to are most likely reading this... we should plan a girls Hu Hot date since we all love it so much! Any takers? Jay spent most of the day talking to other people which I was fine with. Not like he enjoys the girl talk anyways, hehe! But it was a nice time outside and the weather couldn't have been better, even though I/we all got mauled by mosquitoes! Really... I think you are right Amy... she needs to get Bounce next time. None of this cheap dryer sheet stuff, lol!!! We all bug sprayed up after we got feasted on.

Sunday was another semi busy day. We all slept in because we didn't get to bed the night before which was really nice and for not being in my own bed, I slept pretty good! Then it was off to the annual Father's Day Parade that my home town has every year. It is usually pretty long and really not all that exciting, at least that is my perspective. It is exciting for the kids who get to collect candy and Ayden definitely got his fair share! At one point he turned around and said 'I wasn't expecting it to be this long!' I could tell that he was getting tired as well because he kept yawning, but heaven forbid you let any of that candy they are throwing go to waste. We then stayed at Jay's aunt and uncle's house for a little while before heading out to my grandparent's house so I could see my dad and give him his gift. It was good to see him for a little while and he got to give Ayden a nice long four wheeler ride and I think Ayden really enjoyed it! Ayden had lots of fun wrestling with his older cousins. Well actually since they are my first cousins they are like his second cousins? I don't know how that all works, but either way, he was having fun.

I think we were headed off to Point around 5pm which was probably a bad idea because then we all forgot that we didn't have supper until about 9pm that night. I actually gave Ayden a sandwich in bed at 10pm because he was still awake and said he was hungry. Such a nice mom I am to forget about supper, but he hadn't mentioned anything earlier. He slept the whole way home... was asleep about 10 minutes after we got into the car. I love watching him sleep!

Yesterday was Ayden's first day at his summer school program! He had a great first day and wanted to go back the next day which was even better. I'm not so sure I liked how they dismissed the kids. Okay, so it makes perfectly good sense, but they could have informed the parents beforehand how they were going to do it, or at least the ones who have their children in summer school for the first time. I think I have it figured out, after spending 10 minutes trying to find Ayden yesterday. Found him with his teacher and all was well. Will hopefully find him faster today. Keeping my fingers crossed, lol! But his teacher seems really nice and it looks to be like it will end up being a good choice for him.

After summer school and lunch yesterday we hit up the city pool for the first time this summer! It was so nice... and we are going again this afternoon! Today it is SO hot out so I am expecting the pool to be pretty packed, but it will be nice to just get out and enjoy the weather without sweating super bad!

LATER…

This afternoon was pretty great! We went to the pool again like I thought we were going to and as predicted… it was PACKED! We spent just about an hour there and then Ayden wanted to go. I could have stayed longer, but it was really packed and you always had to watch what you were doing for fear of hitting/bumping into some one, so we headed out. Once we got home I set up the kiddie pool and let that warm up for about an hour. Ayden and I had some popsicles and then went outside so he could play in his sand box for the first time. I put the kiddie pool right next to it so Ayden could play in both. I didn’t care what he did with the water and the sand and he had lots of fun while I just rested my feet in the water beside him.

Jay was home from work early because the weather was so hot… they went in an hour early so he did get an extra hour of work in this morning. We went to Shopko tonight and got ourselves a new futon frame since ours broke. We got it on super sale so I was excited about that. We also got some luggage which we don’t have. Well, I take that back, I think I might have a small set that is still at my mom’s house, but I couldn’t pass up the deal that we got. Other than that small set that I think I have… Jay and I each have a duffel bag and that is it. Our new luggage was originally priced at $199.99… we paid $53! It is a NINE piece set! It is seriously wonderful! Oh, and I got a new purse as well which was on sale for $12 (originally $60)! Couldn’t pass it up, lol!

Okay, this is long enough…

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: