Saturday, June 27, 2009

Piggin’ Out means Workin’ Out

I’ve been home alone all day long and I miss my boss already! I always enjoy some ‘me time’ when I can get it, but today I’ve just been kind of bored. Bored… I thought I was looking forward to the weekend alone? Well, I was and it has been relaxing, but I still miss my boys! They left around 6:30pm last night and I haven’t done a whole lot since then, haha!

I did get my hair cut this morning and totally love it! I posted pictures in the post before this one, let me know what you think? I have been wearing my hair up for the majority of the last month, in fact I’ve worn it up for the last two weeks straight! I both wanted/needed something a little shorter for the summer. I mean what fun is long hair if I am never going to wear it down… plus I just really haven’t been all that motivated to do anything ‘glamorous’ with my hair lately. In any case, now all I have to do is throw some mousse in and blow dry quickly and all set to go. Shouldn’t take much longer than combing through the longer hair and pulling it up, plus it is a ‘fresh’ new look for the summer. I love my hairstylist!

As for the rest of the day… I pretty much sat/laid down and watched TV/read/napped. I took two short naps today… hoping I can sleep yet tonight. And I pigged out on junk food! I should not be left alone in the house with chocolate, lol! And because I felt bad for doing nothing all day and eating so much, I finally made myself get up and decided to put on my rollerblades and hit up that trail next to our house. I rollerbladed about 3 miles in a little over a half hour and got home just as the rain started to really come down. I was lucky that I went right when I did because I was pretty much soaked by the time I got home and I was probably only in the rain for a minute (apparently it was really coming down, hehe)… but I did feel great after my blading and hope to do it more often, and maybe make it longer!

After a quick shower, I decided to give my blog a face lift. I haven’t done one in a while and what a better night than tonight when I am all alone with nothing better to do. I know that when I updated my look a while ago my sister said the format looked really weird on her computer when she would read my blog, so PLEASE let me know if it is not showing up properly (ie: all weird and crazy like) and I’ll see what I can try to do to fix that. It looks how I want it to on my screen, but every one’s computer is a little different and I’d hate it if it looks weird or screwy on other’s computers and not know about it.

Yesterday Ayden and I went to a new water park about a half hour away from our house. My friend had mentioned it at the park on Thursday and I thought it might be fun to try some place new. I googled it and found the directions and decided since it was supposed to be hot and sunny on Friday that we would go. The weather was great and we made it to the water park just fine! It was okay… LOTS of people so it was kind of crowed. Had a little melt down with Ayden because he wanted to go down the slide, but was too short. This one had a height requirement and so I thought that that would make him less upset when he saw that he was too short, however I think it just made things worse. Then he kept saying that he wanted to grow up faster so he could go down the slide. I talked with him and told him that if he was not going to swim and have fun that we would leave and that changed his attitude right around. We had a great time! We were there for about two hours. They even had a concessions stand and I had just enough cash left over to get both of us a bowl of ice cream and we got PLENTY for our money! I thought that that was the best part! I mean for a $1.50 we got a LOT of ice cream! We enjoyed the ice cream and then headed on home!

DSC05832 At one point Ayden complained of a stomach ache so we took a break on our towels and I took some pictures. His stomach felt better after a short time and we were back in the pool. With all of the people there I was too chicken to take my camera any closer to the water!

DSC05833

DSC05835

Catching some sun!!! (Too bad he’s all lotioned up and really didn’t catch any color… me on the other hand… burned the back and legs just a bit!)

DSC05842

Ayden and Mommy enjoying the beautiful day!

So, I was at Best Buy the other day because I needed to pick up some new ink and paper for my picture printer and just so happened to find that Canon offers the Photo Album 3”x3” Pocket Size and had to get it! MckMama had mentioned something like this a while ago, but I think it was through a different company. Since then I had wanted to get my hands on something like that, but didn’t know about their prices and so forth, plus it required ordering it from the net. (Not that I don’t like ordering stuff online… it just takes more time than I prefer) But when I saw these in the store, I had to try it! It comes with enough ‘stuff’ to make two photo books and costs $15. Personally I think that that is a little pricey, but I wanted to see how good it really was.

I got home and almost immediately set forth making my first album. I got the cover printed and then was going to print the pages. Here is where I ran into some trouble. My printer would not take the photo paper. It is kind of thick and after about five or so tries of getting the paper to feed correctly/all the way into the printer, I got fed up for the night and said screw it. I was pretty bummed thinking I wouldn’t be able to make the albums and it would be a waste of money. Well… I tried over on Friday night and somehow managed to get the paper to feed all the way into the printer, however I am anticipating the same problems when I decide to print the next album. In any case, the pictures turned out great (for the quality of my printer which is over four years old) and I was happy! I think the book is too cute and can’t wait to show it off to people!

I want to do a family photo shoot outside once the weather is a little cooler (maybe this week?) and make that the next album!

DSC05854

 DSC05857 

And now I am off to read some more!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: