Sunday, June 14, 2009

No sitting still!

It was a weekend of activeness and that was great! Although Friday was a day of lots of sitting still (at least for me). But overall it was another great weekend for the books!

Friday morning Ayden and I left to go home so I could go with my mom and brother to my brother’s hearing appointment. Ayden stayed with Jay’s mom and brother for the day and I headed off to Madison. Ayden had a great day that included fishing with Uncle Steven and helping Grandma Michele out in the garden/potting shed. He had lots of fun and wore himself out good.

We left for Madtown around 10am and arrived just about two hours later, even though Casey’s appointment wasn’t until 1pm. My mom wanted to allow for extra travel time in case we ended up getting lost or what not, but we definitely did good. Of course she had directions ahead of time, but was pretty scared about driving down in Madison. Apparently we got lost the last time we were there (which was when we were touring the campus) and then she took a wrong road when she was there with my sister. It didn’t help any that our trip started off with a detour because of road construction, lol! But alas, with only one wrong exit and a quick fix of that, we arrived safe and sound, with no help from the GPS lady might I add. Oh, we had Ms. Magellan but she kept telling us to make legal u-turns when necessary and well… we didn’t like her directions, lol!

The appointment itself went really good. It was awesome to see a real audiologist at work. Of course the ones on campus are real too, but they are also professors so it isn’t their everyday job and they are constantly teaching as well. I also got to see inside my brother’s ear when the doctor was looking (he put it up on the TV) and I thought it was super cool. My mom just thought it was weird. Guess she just doesn’t get us ear people.

The trip back home went smoothly as well and this time we didn’t take any of the scenic route. My mom made it back in time for work and I headed off to see my little munchkin. It was nice to get away for the day, but of course I missed him and wondered what he was doing often, but what mom doesn’t?

Friday night I was in bed at the same time as Ayden… precisely 8:30pm. Way super early for me, but I didn’t go to bed on Thursday night until midnight and had to get up at 7ish so I was beat and with a whole day in the car… I don’t know… just tired! One wouldn’t think that sitting in a car for most of the day would make you tired, but I was sure bushed! I slept great that night too and Ayden woke me right on schedule at 7am Saturday morning!

We headed over to my mom’s house around 9ish on Saturday morning and then we went with her to Walmart to pick out some flowers. I left with a little more than just flowers. Her Walmart has the best sales! Our clothes never get down to $1 and thus I had to take advantage of their $1 and $3 sales and got some shirts for both Jay and myself! I was super stoked because I saved probably almost $45 on clothes if I would have bought them all new. Super savings!

Flower planting went great! Ayden helped dig the holes and put the flowers in! He was such a great helper! And the weather on Saturday was GREAT! Well actually the weather all weekend was GREAT (at least by us in Point, I heard Green Bay got some storms)!!! We also just hung out and played for a while at my mom’s house, but didn’t spend too much of the afternoon there because Ayden wanted to come back to our house. Mostly I think he saw some bees and didn't want to play outside, but Grandma and I weren’t coming inside. But it had been a full two days for him thus far and I also think he was a bit tired and took a great nap on the ride back to Point. The driving both days for me was great and every now and then I do enjoy long drives like that.

Today (Sunday) we had another busy day! Well, yesterday after we got home, we found Jay working in the back yard and that was going all well until he sliced his leg open. It wasn’t a bad cut that warranted a trip to the hospital, but it did lay him up for most of the rest of the night. I don’t blame him though, looked like it hurt. But don’t worry, he was back to normal today and we got a TON done!

This morning we headed over to the old place and washed the walls, vacuumed everything, and did the windows. Another couple of hours and we can be done with that place FOREVER! We also grabbed a load from the garage… one more and that will be empty too! I’m so looking forward to it! By the end of this week!

After that, in which I almost lost my cool with Ayden, but we managed, we went to Walmart where we picked up some flowers and then stopped at Lowes and got some more flowers and then went back to Walmart (they are right next to each other) and had lunch at a boy scouts brat fry. It was fast and yummy and cheap (for a fund raising brat fry) and then it was back to the house where we worked out butts off some more. First we worked on organizing the garage a bit and put up some shelves. I’d say we got about half the work done which is a good start. Then we headed to the back yard and planted flowers all afternoon. Like I said, it was a long day of work! All three of us were covered in dirt, but it was so fun to work as a family and know we all had a hand in it. I will take some after pics when Jay gets the bark in. I already have some before pics. It is already looking really nice. I also hung two loads of wash out to dry which was nice. Right, hanging out clothes is so nice, lol! Only I would say that!

There is still a list of things I want to get done, but I think there always will be. I think that once the garage is the way I want it and we are completely done with our old place everything will feel complete!

My mom and sister are coming up this week (Tuesday thru Thursday) and I just checked the weather. Tuesday is supposed to be the nice day while Wednesday and Thursday (actually thru Friday) there is supposed to be rain. Ugh on the weather front! So not liking that, but not much you can do about it either I guess. It is only Sunday so they could be wrong about it… just push it until later in the week, like rain Thursday thru Saturday. But we are going to a grad party on Saturday and it would probably be nice if they could have it outside so who knows, lol! I am just super thankful for the great weather that we got this weekend! Lots accomplished! :)

I’ll leave you with a few pictures!!!

Ayden and Mommy!

DSC05657

Ayden and Grandma Wendy planting the flowers!

Ayden and Grandma Wendy with the finished products!

Ayden and Alexis! (My dad stopped by to drop off my sister’s (Emily) bike and because Emily got out, Alexis had to too and I couldn’t pass up a photo op with her and Ayden! They both look so old!

Hope everyone else had a STELLAR weekend as well!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: