Thursday, June 18, 2009

Taking a Breather…

It has been quite a week thus far! Busy busy busy, that’s for sure, but definitely an enjoyable week, which will most likely leave me wanting to sleep for hours upon hours… well it already is actually, lol!

On Monday Ayden accompanied me to work again! He was such a good boy while I was completing some projects, and he was such a good helper as well. He brought one of his Transformer books along and read that quietly to himself for quite a while. Well, he didn’t actually read it, but he was talking to himself while turning the pages. It was just super cute watching him do it, and it left me available to do some of the things that he couldn’t help me with. We made it through the little while I needed to be at work and then we headed off to Walmart for a few things.

Oh wait, before I even came to work, I helped a friend with her Mary Kay business. She is just starting to be a consultant and needed a friend to be a listener on an interview type call from her director. My friend pretty much just listened while her director and I talked (three way phone call) about the Mary Kay business. She was just getting the ropes of everything. I was actually surprised to learn the kinds of things I did about the Mary Kay business and if my life wasn’t busy with school during ¾ of the year (and I wasn’t such an introvert) it would be something I might just try.

In any case, I learned a lot, and my friend got her interview call thingy checked off her list… and I didn’t have to buy anything. Although, I just might sometime this summer, lol. They do have some good things, even for almost none make-up wearing people like me!

Ayden and I picked up what we needed at Walmart and headed home! We had lunch and then decided to wash my car and make a cake for my sister’s birthday the week before. I can’t remember if we made the cake or washed the car first, lol. Like I said, it has been a busy week so far. But my car really needed a wash because it was covered in pollen! We didn’t do a full out wash though… just filled a small garbage pail with some soap and water and grabbed some wash clothes and had fun! We managed to get it looking a lot cleaner than it was, but not car wash clean, if you catch my drift. And then Ayden had fun with the water and the ant hills in the drive way. That was a lot more fun than washing the car, lol! He’s slowly getting over his fear of bugs.

Then it was off to frost and sprinkle the cake! We had way too much fun with that as well! The cake (funfetti!) turned out awesome and was super yummy when we dug into it on Tuesday. We also made some pudding pops after supper that night. I was trying a new ‘recipe’ or what I could remember of it and they turned out okay. Next time I need to make them a little smaller or just make sure that I actually have the cups that I thought I had that I wanted to put them in. They are just pudding, some whipped cream, and crushed Oreos mixed together and frozen. It was a busy but good day!

DSC01747 My sister (Emily) and Ayden with her birthday cake right before heading out!

Tuesday we waited for my mom and sister to show up in the morning. Finished moving a few things around in the garage so I could finally park my car in there, but alas I haven’t yet because we’ve had the bikes in the way. My mom and sister arrived (separately) just fine… I can write good directions! Shortly after they arrived, I headed off to work alone to get a few things done. They (Ayden, my mom, and sister) went to the nearby park for a while.

After work, I came home and made some sandwiches for lunch and we enjoyed time around the patio table outside because the weather was so nice! Then it was bike ride time and because Ayden didn't want to bike himself, I hooked up his little trailer tow behind thing and we headed off. Wait, before we headed out… we first needed to pump up the tires. It was a good thing I knew where the tire pump was and was able to get it to work. I’m sort of semi handy like that, well sometimes, lol!

We biked about three miles and let me tell you, hauling an extra 50lbs behind you, biking into the wind… IS HARD! Ayden is about 40lbs and his trailer is probably about 10lbs, but I made it! It would have been nice to go a little farther, but I was dying by the half way point and we still had to go back. But I digress, it was a great workout!

Tuesday night we also went over to the old apartment and finished up the cleaning. It took us about two hours to get it done… just need to go through the ‘final check out’ and we are rid of that place! It definitely feels nice to have the cleaning done and my sister and mom were so super nice to help us with it! (We treated them to ice cream from Belt’s last night!) And because we could, we grilled out for supper! Yum yum yum, or more so, Jay grilled out for us!

Wednesday (yesterday) was busy as well! I worked for a bit in the morning and we had a full afternoon! We frequented the ‘big blue park’ for almost two hours in the morning. Played for a while and then took a walk and fed some ducks and got hissed at by mama geese. Ayden was obsessed with the ducks so we spent a lot of time by them. It was a fun morning! After a yummy lunch, we relaxed outside for a while. Well, my mom, sister, and I relaxed outside while Ayden played inside. For some reason he didn’t want to enjoy the good weather with his mom, aunt, and grandma… too much girl talk probably, haha!

DSC01749 Ayden and Emily racing down the slide… Ayden won because he cheated and took the middle one… the faster one, haha!

DSC01752 Ayden and me being silly!

DSC05702 Ayden and Grandma hanging out!

DSC05699 Bridge time fun!!!

DSC05711We had so much fun feeding the ducks! They all came flocking when they saw we had food!

DSC05720 Ayden’s photography skills… Emily, me, our mom!

DSC01766 Action shot!!! And he got up with a smile!

Later in the afternoon we decided to do another bike ride, only this time Ayden was definitely biking himself! We tried out a new trail in the woods (well the same on Ayden and I went on last week, but we went farther into the woods this time) and probably biked almost three miles. Ayden did pretty good, but I felt kind of bad because he has to peddle a lot more and faster to go the same as the big bikes, but we took breaks and he kept the complaining to a minimum.

DSC01768 Ayden and me with our friend Mr. Turtle… who we saw on one of the paths!

DSC05744 Bye-bye Mr. Turtle!

DSC05745Taking a break while biking… one of many breaks! 

Sweet corn was our entree of choice for supper and Jay found some great stuff at Walmart! It was super yummy!!! A late supper meant a late trip for ice cream. We left for ice cream at about 8pm and I thought we wouldn’t have to wait in line at all because it was later. Boy was I wrong. I totally underestimated the love Stevens Point has for Belt’s ice cream! We waited in line for probably a half hour, if not longer in order to get our ice cream and the line was just as long when we left! But it was SO worth it! Even the over hyper Ayden that we had to deal with. I’ve discovered (finally after almost five years) that an over tired over worked Ayden gets very hyper and loud and not very obedient and then I shoved more sugar into him! He was in bed at about 10pm last night, but he slept in this morning which was great!

This morning I headed off to work yet again for a while… my sister had to leave before I got home because she had to work at noon… boo! But my mom was able to stay until this afternoon. After I got home from work we quickly decided that we were going to see where that trail we were on yesterday led (my boss said it led to the beach that we like to frequent) and have a picnic. We packed the sand toys, lunch, towels and were off. I hauled the trailer with everything in and Ayden biked. He did great once again! We discovered that we were pretty close to the beach yesterday when we ended up turning around and now know that we can bike there this summer! It was fun!

We played for a while and caught minnows with our sand pails and then decided it was time for some lunch. As we were eating it started to sprinkle (it rained both Tuesday and Wednesday night and today we are supposed to get some pretty bad storms- supposedly), but we really didn’t think anything of it. Before long it was really raining and we were holding the towel above our heads to keep dry while eating. It wouldn’t be a ‘grandma visit’ without an adventure in the rain. Last summer we biked to the park and got rained on! Thankfully our bike ride back to the house was dryer! And then it was time for grandma to leave and mom and Ayden to chill and watch some TV! We’ve been going going going for the last couple of days and it feels nice to just relax for a bit. We were really lucky to end up with nice warm weather while my mom and sister visited! Super happy!

DSC05746 Arriving at the beach…

DSC05753

Trying to catch those minnows!!!

DSC05751Did I get any?!?! 

DSC05754With mom’s help… we ended up with quite a few minnows… which Ayden proudly let go when it started raining out!

We’ll get to see them again on Saturday at my cousin’s graduation party and the weather for this weekend is supposed to be really nice as well so I am even more excited about that. And!!! Because we are headed home tomorrow for the weekend… Jay said that we might be able to hit up HuHot for supper tomorrow night! Oh how great that would be, lol! We all love HuHot in this house!

If you’re still with me… hope you have GREAT weather this weekend and a GREAT weekend in and of itself… even if it is only Thursday!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: