Monday, June 8, 2009

Not Me Monday!

It has been a couple of week since I have joined in the Not Me Monday fun created by MckMama! If you haven’t visited her yet… you best head on over there and check out her ‘Not Me’s’ (pending she has them posted at some point on Monday) and enjoy hers as well as many many many others Not Me’s! It is so much fun! Trust me!

This past week… I did not… wait, I’m perfect so there is nothing that I want to admit to. Right… I am so totally perfect! Not!

I did not pop in a DVD each morning this week for Ayden while I caught some more zzzz’s laying on the couch next to him. We did not have any TV to watch all week and I was not craving it. I am not a TV addict what so ever. I do not wish I could go with less TV. I do not envy other parents who have more than one child so their kids have playmates. I do not use TV as a babysitter sometimes to just get some things done. I did not use it more than I’d like to this week because I was not trying to put the house in order. I do not wish Ayden had playmates/brothers/sisters!

I did not spend much of the week unpacking boxes and putting things away. I did not get frustrated when I had a great idea to put something somewhere and it would NEVER fit! I did not begin to wonder if we made the correct decision in moving. I have missed our old place once this week. I did not spend an hour at our old place with Ayden on Friday for the cable guy (when in reality we really didn’t even need to be there) and think about how small it seemed compared to our new place. I did not realize we totally made the right choice. I did not realize that even though things weren’t fitting where I wanted, everything was falling into place otherwise.

I did not get frustrated too easily with Ayden this weekend. He has not gotten sassy with me on more than one occasion. I am not trying to nip it in the bud asap because I can totally deal with it. He is not too young to be sassing back to me and I know I should allow it all the time. I am not hoping my technique is going to work… and if it doesn’t I will not be asking you (my readers) for advice.

I am not excited for next Friday to accompany my mom and brother to my brother’s ear appointment. I do not think it is kind of geeky of me to be excited about an ear appointment. I am not wanting to see how the audiologists do it in everyday life and hear some more ear lingo. As well, I am not excited to get away from Ayden for even a couple of hours. I digress… I am such a stay at home mom it isn’t funny. I do not need some ‘me’ time every now and then. I do not give super props to all those stay at home moms out there!

What did you not do this past week?!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: