Thursday, June 4, 2009

Randomness

Wednesday

I think tonight we just might be able to get everything from the garage into the house. Most of what is left out there is stuff that Jay needs to help me carry in. Also, the carpet is dry in the basement (and free of spots!) so I can start rearranging stuff downstairs. Today I carried a lot of the boxes that were upstairs down there because the carpet is dry. Although I am ready to start setting up, I don't know how much I should do because I do not know what the cable guy is going to have to do on Friday. I would think that he wouldn't have to do all that much, but I don't know. I know that I can start going through the boxes though and distinguishing stuff that can be kept out and stuff that can be stored away. I also found another great storage spot today... under Ayden's bed! I hadn't thought of it until today, but we kept one side of the drawers out and leaves the other side open for all storage!

I am missing the days where I could come home and not have to worry about anything other than making some supper and doing a load of laundry... the days where I can sit and read all afternoon. I wish I could fast forward to when everything would be put away! I know I said that before, but now I really mean it, lol!I know that in a week when everything is settled in, I will look back at this week and just be like oh whatever. I know I am complaining a lot about this, but I am such an organized person and can't stand chaos!!! I almost NEED everything in it's place in order to function without anxiety. I'm not a psychologist by any means close... but I'd say I have a very small case of OCD or maybe just high anxiety with things out of place yet.

Thursday

I am happy to say that I got the play room into some sort of order last night! It looks a lot more like a room than just some sort of huge storage closet! We also got everything else out of the garage that needed to come into the house... yeah! I wanted to start setting everything else up, but because the cable and internet people are coming tomorrow, I am waiting incase they need to move some furniture around, namely the book shelves and I don't want them loaded down with books when they are moving them. I also started to go through a bit of Ayden's toys. I am sorting out stuff that he doesn't play with anymore, stuff that is broken or missing major pieces and then going to organize everything. It's my dream, lol! Actually at this point it is not.

Most of the boxes are out of the living room... yeah again! I also got Jay and my's closest organize last night. Lots of stuff folded versus on hangers now and we even 'spilt' over into Ayden's closet. But in all fairness, his closet is bigger than ours, lol! And actually he was excited to share his closet with mom and dad. We didn't have to put much in there, but even having to use it kind of depressed me, lol!

It is supposed to rain all weekend. Kind of a bummer since Jay wanted to have our first bonfire this weekend, but also good because it will water our grass for free and it will keep Jay inside all weekend helping me put stuff away. I was kind of annoyed that I was the one who had to organize the closet all by myself, but I probably would have just yelled at him if he was doing it because he probably wouldn't have been doing it right. But he did hang the TV on our wall last night and that works. However, we were woken up at about 2:30am to this huge crash like sound. I mean it was loud because both Jay and I sat straight up in bed. My first thought was that our TV fell off the wall, but then quickly realized it probably would have sounded closer. This sort of sounded farther away. Jay got up to investigate and found the cat still sleeping so it didn't wake Diesel (or Ayden for that matter). He couldn't find anything amiss either upstairs or downstairs and neither could I this morning so we don't know what it was. I am thinking it might have been something in our neighbors place because something that loud in our place would definitely have been noticable when we looked for it (or at least I'd hope so) not that the roof is all of a sudden collapsing secretly on us, haha!


Diesel found a new place to explore. Apparently he can get up into the rafters of the basement via where the laundry shoot is and went around exploring up there this morning. Scared the crap out of me when I realized something was up there. I immediately got him down, but five seconds later he was back up there (that was when I realized how he was doing it) and I just let him be. I figured he would find a way down and he did a little while later. It was crazy though! I think I might see if Jay can put a piece of wood blocking Diesel's entrance up there because I don't really think he needs to be walking around up there, but whatever works I guess.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: