Friday, February 26, 2010

A Day 'Off'

(Thursday)

Any normal college student probably has class Monday thru Friday for some amount of hours per week. But the normal college student is probably not on campus for more than 4-5 hours per day... at MAX... I'm not a normal college student, I'm a college student who is on campus for an average of 8 hours per day... I feel like I'm back in high school with having to be busy all day long. I was pretty used to the whole 3-4 hour day of class and then going home for the four years that I got it... not anymore! Not to mention the fact that in my undergrad classes, I could skip every now and then if I needed wanted too. Well... let me tell you, with only three people in your class, it is mighty hard to skip class if you are having an off day because they WILL notice! Don't get me wrong, I love what I'm learning now versus all of those required undergraduate classes that had nothing to do with my career but were there to make me a 'better rounded person' (my butt), but every now and then... I'd like to just not have to go if I'm having an off day. You know? Not everyday is perfect!

But alas, no can do... so today, Thursday, when I have no class or clinic... I am going to enjoy the day 'off'. I worked for a while this morning and was supposed to take some pictures for my friend this afternoon (but she isn't feeling the best) so instead of going to the clinic like I should to revise my reports and summaries, I am going to be sitting at home relaxing. I can revise the reports and summaries tomorrow morning when I go in since then I'll HAVE to be there and since last week when I didn't HAVE to be on campus, I was there at 7am! Today... NOT GOING!

Especially since I took a super hard test yesterday and just want to relax and not think about anything school related for a day. I might even start a book... OMG! I probably shouldn't since I don't really have the extra time to sit and read it, but I SO would like to because reading does so relax me!

(Friday)
I neglected to finish this post yesterday... oops! My bad! So I suppose that I should try and finish it today! I enjoyed my day 'off' yesterday if any of you were wondering. I rented some movies and went home and relaxed. I watched Love Happens in the afternoon and really didn't think it was all that great of a movie. Towards then end I stopped watching and went on my computer. Then later in the afternoon I needed to get out of the house because the sun was shining and I was bummed because my friend had called and cancelled the pictures I was going to take for her. She still wants me to do them, but she wasn't feeling very well yesterday and didn't want to get me sick. Bummer since next Thursday I have morning clinic and won't have time to do them for her next week... maybe the following week, lol! Her daughter will be one before I get the pictures taken, lol! Maybe then we can do a cake smash?!

So, I went outside and to our normal swimming spot in the summer and took some pictures. I'll post some later tonight! I just needed to take some pictures of something and get to edit. And the sun was shining so high yesterday and it wasn't too overly cold out! I really had a good time by myself for about 45 minutes taking pictures!

Jay made chili for supper last night... YUM! Although the noodles were overcooked. I perfer my noodles a little under cooked if anything, not mushy, but it was still good. We went through quite the ordeal in getting Ayden to eat any of and by the end of the ordeal I was SO ready to let him stay in his room for the rest of the night and go hungry. Yes, I know, I'm a mean mom. But, there wasn't anything THAT bad in the chili and certainly nothing he hasn't had before in chicken noodle soup. There was noodles, meat, celery, and oninons... and the juice which was not spicy at all because I don't do spicy! He had a snack of fruit snacks after school and then for supper, he had a bowl of chili in front of him and I'd given him two crackers to which he ended up putting in the chili. After that he wanted more crackers, but I would not give him any unless he tried one big spoonful of the chili. At this point, he had maybe a sip of the juice and declared it 'disgusting'. I didn't think that one spoonful was too much to ask of him before giving him for crackers, however he felt that it was and after much delibration on his part and crying... he ended up in his room at about 6:30pm. I had had it and he was not going to get any more chances to try it. But alas, daddy had more patiences than mommy last night and got Ayden to try his spoonful (in which he almost gagged back up- Amy and Emily... remember the potatoes at Alisha's party- but I had already told him that if he throws it back up he's back in bed) and then he was alotted some more crackers and then it was off to bed for real.

We normally make food that I know Ayden will eat, but every now and then we will make something I'm not sure he will like and run into this sort of situation. I know that people's tastes can differ and I can totally believe that he thought the chili was gross, but he at least needed to TRY more than just a sip of it before I was going to give him anything else. Is that too much to ask? I remember being told to eat what was on my plate as a kid, even if I didn't like it and pretty much all of it. Gotta love my mom, right? What does she do for Ayden now if he doesn't like something? Offers to make something different... gotta love grandmas, right?! Hehe!

Anyways, the majority of this morning was spent running a lab... 3 hours spent on it so far, and probably another 3 to go, but thats okay. It was actually pretty interesting and fun! I also did an ear impression and without even trying to make sure it turned out really well, it did! How great is that?! I was excited, even though we turned our assignment in at the beginning of the week.

Back to the grind!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: