Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday already… how does that happen?!

We wait all week long for the weekend (or at least I was this week) and then in the blink of an eye it is gone! I wish it would last longer, or maybe its the fact that I wish I didn’t have studying to do so I wouldn’t worry about that all weekend and would just have fun with my family instead of worrying about not getting any studying done while I am busy doing other stuff. Ugh, I feel like I’m being pulled in a million different directions all of a sudden and the directions I chose to go definitely affect the other directions that I should be going and I don’t know if that’s a good thing or not. I’m trying to balance it all out, but this semester is proving kind of hard to. I’m hoping the next three years are not like this. I am amazed to say that I am almost 3/4 of the way done with my first year of grad school. I felt like I would never get to this point when in undergrad. That grad school was way off in the future, something I’d never get to. Heck, just graduating from college was something big for me, but half the time it doesn’t even feel like I did that. And then when we started in the fall I felt like such a newbie and that I’d never feel comfortable where I was or with what I was doing, and now here I am, almost done with my first year and we will no longer be the new ones in the fall. Where does the time go? I know I say that a lot, but seriously… the weeks just keep flying by! I am doing aud clinic by myself! I didn’t think I would be able to do that! I did two semesters of speech clinic by myself and made it through that as well. I really hope that I’m cut out for this! I definitely enjoy learning what I am so I think so… maybe I shouldn’t be contemplating my career choice so late in the game, lol! Okay, so I’m not actually contemplating it… I’m just hoping that I’m going where I should be!

I cut Ayden’s hair yesterday! Buzzed it all gone! It was getting pretty long and I don’t really think that he wanted it cut, but I think it needed it. Ayden wanted to grow it long. He even told me that he saw boys with ponytails and said it was okay for boys to have long hair. Now, I’m not against boys with long hair by any means, a way to express their personality, however it don’t believe that my five year old needs a pony tail at this point in life. When he gets older and if he still wants one, then by all means, I shall let him grow one, but at this point in his life, I make most of the decisions about his current hairstyle. And really, he didn’t make a fuss about me cutting it all off. He if was really against it being cut I probably would have held off for a while yet and then gone and just gotten it trimmed up at a salon or something, but he was fine and now he looks so much older again. What a little turkey!Untitled-1 IMG_3987And here’s a picture of my honey bunny because I was playing with my camera and he happened to be in the living room at the time. He was pretty adamant that I not put this picture online (more specifically Facebook), but I don’t know why… I personally think he looks pretty darn good! ;) And considering he doesn’t EVER let me take his picture… I’m going to relish this one! I love me some lover boy, hehe! Just don’t tell him I posted this on my blog, lol! I might not hear the end of it and never get a picture of him again!IMG_3996-2And here is what my honey bunny got me for Valentine’s Day! I’d say he did a pretty darn good job if I don’t say so myself! Actually, we didn’t spent valentine’s day together since he didn’t get home until 10pm that night from being at home and sturgeon spearing for the weekend, but he did give it to me bright and early Monday morning.  DSC06636We don’t normally do anything fancy for valentine’s day as Jay is pretty stuck on that it is a Hallmark holiday and I agree that it is highly commercialized, but we haven’t gotten each other anything since we started dating and that was six and a half years ago. And honestly, after having to pay for Jay’s truck fix, I wasn’t expecting anything at all and would have been okay with that because it is not like we are rolling in the money. I try and pretend that we aren’t gobs and gobs of money in student debt. How far do you think that will take me? Hehe!

Anyways, I think Jay did a great job picking out the ring and staying within a good budget. We went to get it resized this past weekend. I wore it all week on my middle finger, but I am getting it resized for my right hand ring finger. It felt weird taking it off and giving it to the jeweler though because I had gotten pretty used to wearing it all week. I can’t wait to get it back, but it will be about two weeks since we aren’t going home next weekend (when it will be done) and are the following weekend and it will save money if we don’t make an extra trip to Appleton in between there. And it doesn’t bother me that we will have to wait another week.

We’ve booked a mini vacation to Wisconsin Dells over spring break. Can’t remember if I posted about that already or not. Quite possibly, lol! I have been so busy lately and I haven’t had the ambition to post much and then when I do, I can’t remember what I’ve already written about. We are going to the Wilderness Resort and Water Park for two nights. They had a super deal over the week that is Point’s spring break… rooms for $130 when normally they go for well over $200/night! So we cannot wait! It is going to be tons and tons of fun and nice to just get away for a little while… even if it is only for two nights! Ayden is excited too! We went to the Appleton mall yesterday (to get my ring resized) and he said that he wished that the cafe part was the water park we were going to because it looked really big from the outside. That’s how I can tell that he is excited! One month!

Actually, after spring break the rest of the semester is going to fly because it is two weeks in April of class, then my trip to San Diego, then the week after is the mini conference to Madison which means no class or clinic that Thursday or Friday, then a week of class and then the last week of class on which Friday is back in Madison for capstone projects and then finals! OMG! The rest of the semester is going to fly by and yet we are really only five weeks into the semester! Wowsers! Well the next four weeks might go kind of slow, lol!

Today was a lazy day at our house! I finally put the laundry away… from last week and this week and we cleaned the upstairs. I’ve been procrastinating on studying for my test on Wednesday afternoon. I’m hoping that it is relatively easy, but not holding my breath because pretty much anything can happen. And then while I was watching a movie this afternoon, Ayden came upstairs from playing in the basement with Jay and laid down on my lap and then ended up falling asleep. He rarely, if ever, takes a nap anymore and I just couldn’t bare to move him because cuddle time like that happens very rarely these days and so I just soaked in my little guy laying on my lap and finished watching my movie. It was just so cute how he came up from playing and laid down to cuddle with me. I love those moments! :)

I’m going to try and make a better effort to post more often this week, but can’t promise that I will! Tomorrow and Tuesday will be filled with studying, so maybe Wednesday night, if I am not too depressed about the test, lol! Keep your fingers crossed for me and I just might be back tomorrow if the studying thing gets too much! In the mean time, I’m going to be trying to remember everything about auditory brainstem responses that I can, care to join me?!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: