Sunday, February 7, 2010

Flying High (Literally)!

Ayden and I ventured out onto the frozen lake late this morning for our plane ride. I haven’t been on the lake in the winter in a LONG time, so it was once again a bit of a surreal experience to walk out onto it and know that we go boating out on it in the summer. To see vehicles driving out on something that is a HUGE body of water! Should not be possible, yet it is! Still… I won’t deny that it still made me a little leary. We’re supposed to be driving out tomorrow with the ice shanties. Fun times!

Enjoy some of the pictures that we took while we were out there! It was a great time!IMG_3745IMG_3756-2IMG_3753Ayden had TONS of fun running around on the ice, even though he did have a few falls! The weather was pretty nice for being a winter day. Little more wind than I would have liked, but it didn’t stop the pilots from going into the air. That would have totally sucked because both Ayden and I were really looking towards the flight!IMG_3739Jay’s grandpa drove out onto the lake and plowed a nice long runway for the planes to land on. It was pretty cool and thanks to him, Ayden and I got our ride for free. The gathering was really looking for donations, but since Jay’s grandpa did a favor for the group of pilots, they gave us a ride for free! They were all super nice!IMG_3777Standing in front of the plane that we were going to ride in! Only Ayden and I went up, but the pilot did offer to take Jay up after us as well. Jay was a ‘chicken’ and didn’t want to go. I think Ayden was disappointed because he really wanted to go again! Ayden even asked if we could go back tomorrow to get another ride!IMG_3775Ayden and I ready to get in!IMG_3758Ayden got to sit in the back by himself! I was a little worried this might freak him out since I told him all week that he could hold my hand, but he did great the whole flight! He was able to see out the window and we got to wear headsets to be able to talk to each other!IMG_3759Getting ready to go! We were both super excited!!!IMG_3767Up… up…and… AWAY! Due to the wind, we did have a bit of a bumpy ride, but I didn’t think it was overly bad. I was most worried about Ayden getting air sick than anything because I didn’t want him to throw up all over the plane, but he did great. He had a smile on the whole flight (which was about 15 minutes long) and thought it was amazing!IMG_3771Back on solid ground lake! I admit I did get a little concerned when we were coming in for landing and we were still pretty high in the air and I could tell the propeller was starting to slow down. It did freak me out a little bit since… well the propeller helps keep you in the air, but I knew that we were in good hands with the pilot and we had a smooth (as smooth as it can be on bumpy ice) landing! It was a great ride and experience! We both LOVED IT and would do it again in a heart beat!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: