Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Is it Friday yet?!

We I didn't do a lot this weekend. It felt nice, but I also felt WAY too lazy as well! There was so much that I could have done around the house that I neglected to do! Its not that our house is warzone at this present moment in time, but there are things that could have gotten done with the free time that I had on my hands, if you catch my drift. Like put away the Christmas ornaments we got for the ornament exchange that we didn't get to go to this year and that will not stay sitting on my dresser until the party next Christmas. At least I hope that they might get put away at some point. The bathrooms need a good deep cleaning, but yeah, who really likes to do that? The floors could use a good vacuuming (well, I did the living room floor and entry way so that counts for something). The kitchen table needs to be cleaned off and there are gobs of miscellaneous things that are on top of the refrigerator that don't need to be there. Ayden's room is in a mild state of disarray and don't even get me started on the basement! What did I do all weekend... well we kept the living room mostly clean by the end of each night and I did the laundry, however knowing me... I haven't put last weeks away yet so there is a big pile on my bedroom floor and I didn't fold this weeks clean stuff either. Oops, lol! But, I want to be productive this week, I would like to get a lot of this 'extra' stuff done because I don't really like clutter.

According to Jay I keep a lot of things... he says I'm a hoarder. This is NOT true! But... he only says it because I have two boxes full of momentos from my high school years, and these boxes contain old journals from my high school years, and in these journals contains stories upon stories of my life before him. He doesn't like that, he doesn't like that I'd want to keep stuff that doesn't include him, but other guys. I don't keep it for that fact, but for the fact that I love my journals and want to keep them as something to look back on when I'm older. Every so seldom, I'll get out those old journals and reminisce about the old days, but its not to think about those other guys like Jay thinks. Its to just reflect upon who I was then and who I am now and to laugh at how trivial life was and yet how big a deal I made it seem. It is rather amusing at times to read what I wrote about, what I care about, etc... and so if two boxes of 'crap' from high school classifies me as hoarder, then I guess I'm a hoarder, lol!

But in reality, I rather do prefer everything to be in its 'assigned' spot. I have labeled toy bins, I like everything to be lined up just so on my dresser, I organize my side of the closest by dresses, sweatshirts, dress pants, jeans, dress shirts, etc... I am so neurotic about things (not always, but a lot of the time) that when I am cleaning, I will go so far as to place the remotes all lined up on the coffee table even though I know they will be moved a few minutes later by whoever is watching TV. I like everything just so… is that bad?! Hehe!

This week has been going good so far. I prefer Tuesdays and Thursdays when it comes to being in the grad room because the second and third year students are not on campus. I like them all well enough, but I never get anything done when they are here because they are continually talking and well I just can’t get my nosey ears to tune them out like I should in order to get some things done, lol! I also find it funny that last semester one of the second years couldn’t complain enough about how loud the speech students that were in the grad room were and this semester she is the loud one. Ironic, eh? Yeah, I thought so! And complain complain complain, that is ALL I hear from them sometimes. Yes, complaining and whining is fine, everyone has bad days, but its constant! Sometimes I just want to say, get over it, ugh! But, I’m just a lowly first year and so I keep my mouth shut and just listen to it. I can’t wait until next fall when they are not on campus hardly ever! But maybe then, we’ll be the ones complaining because it does sound like they have had quite the year so far. Alas, they are almost done with their second year, only one more after so they can deal, right? I can’t believe that I am almost done with my first year of grad school! I know that I’ve said that already, but seriously, this first year has really just flown by! I didn’t think I would make it through the first semester!

Today has been a pretty great day though and for no other reason than it has really hit me that I KNOW I chose the right career path, or was led to the right career path! I had a great morning of clinic! We did hearing screenings at the senior center and it was so nice to just visit with some of those patients and then I had two hearing aid checks. Both of which were with patients that are really in love with their hearing aids! It is just amazing to see someone be able to hear something that they haven’t heard in years, or have barely been hearing. The delight on their face is GREAT! One of the patient’s we had was just amazed at what he could now hear. He was very reluctant to even get hearing aids because of all the horror stories that he has heard, but is so glad that he did because he loves them. Now, not everyone is going to have the same experience with them because everyone’s hearing loss is a little bit different, but as an audiologist (or aspiring audiologist, hehe), we want to provide our patient’s with the best quality we can in regards of getting them the amplification they need. My only qualm about hearing aids is the cost. They are SO expensive, even at a clinic like ours where they are considered cheaper than other places. Our high end hearing aids run at about $5000 for a pair, where as you could get the same hearing aids at a different clinic for upwards of $8000. Seriously, who can afford $8000 for a pair of hearing aids! The one thing I don’t want to be when I get my degree is a sales person. I don’t want to have to push expensive hearing aids on people just because they are the most expensive. Because as an individual, I wouldn’t want that done to me. I’d rather fit them with something that would work not only for their hearing loss, but also their wallet, versus worrying about making more money for the company/clinic I am working for.

I probably mentioned this already, but this weekend my sister and I are taking my mom out for her birthday. We are taking her shopping and I told her that she needs to think frivolous birthday present instead of practical. My mom never spends money on herself, and when she does, she buys WAY on clearance, like when things are $1 or $2… and not that that is bad because heck, the cheaper the better, but I want her to get something just because and what better than as a birthday gift… and I got 30% off at Kohls so that is better. Or maybe not because I just paid off my Kohls card, lol! And after we are done shopping we are heading off to HuHot for lunch! My mom is a HuHot virgin so I can’t wait to introduce her to this experience! HuHot rocks!

And then on Sunday, Jay’s aunt asked if Ayden would like to go to the circus with her. It’s actually one of Ayden’s godmother’s… he has a godfather and two godmothers. I don’t know if I ever said this or not, but Jay has a younger brother who passed away shortly after Ayden was born and we were going to have him and my sister be Ayden’s godparents. Well, after Adam passed away (which was before we got Ayden baptized), we asked his godparents if they would like to be Ayden’s, thus the fact that he has a godfather and two godmothers. So, anyways, Auntie Sam asked if Ayden would like to go the circus with her and of course I said yes since we didn’t have any other plans. She is always asking to do things with him which I think is just great! He’s spent the weekend at their house once or twice, accompanied them (Sam and her husband Matt) to the Dells for a weekend, gone on numerous outings together. Its just so nice that she wants to do these kind of things with Ayden. I love her for that! I can’t wait until their baby is born! She is going to be such a great mom!

HuHot and the circus all in one weekend… Ayden is excited! Me… I just want the weekend here already, one week closer to our Dells mini vacation, hehe!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: