Wednesday, January 18, 2012

{craft-a-holics anonymous anyone?!}

I have been crafting up a storm lately… all thanks to Pinterest and here are a few of my latest creations!

1. Melted crayon art. I taped a bunch of crayons to a piece of cardboard at the top of the canvas board I had and used a hair dryer to melt the crayons and watch them drip down the canvas board. Too cool! Then I painted the ‘you & me’ at the bottom to add a little flair to it. Me likey!IMG_48642. Mini chalkboard prop to use in my photo shoots. Made with all materials that we had laying around at home… including some scrap wood and left over chalkboard paint and spray paint. Love the rustic feel that it has to it.IMG_42393. More canvas art. (I may be slightly addicted.) I had the two outer canvases done already and wanted to add to them with some canvases that I had gotten for Christmas so I just painted the base coat and then the words ‘love endures’ on the top. Simple and chic, me likey again!IMG_48574. Custom ruffled camera strap cover! I braved using Jay’s mom’s sewing machine to make this beauty and it took me almost all morning, but I think it turned out awesome! I cannot say that I didn’t think about giving up here and there because I did have some difficulties with the sewing machine (we are not exactly back on speaking terms yet), but I love how it turned out! My camera strap was dying for an upgrade, hehe!IMG_48715. Picture collages mod podged onto some extra canvas board I had lying around from a previous project. Turned out really nice and I am already planning how I am going to hang them on the wall, will post a finished project when I’m finished!IMG_48736. One more picture collage.IMG_48747. This last one isn’t anything special, but I have decided to start saving some money to upgrade my camera. I made a money jar and painted it and then put a ‘count-up’ on the side of it. I am going to put all of the money I make from my photo shoots into the jar. It will probably take me a good year to save the money up, but hey, that’s why they call it saving!IMG_4877I have two projects in mind yet and will be sure to share those with you when they are complete! I love crafting! And I thought I’d get it all out before the semester starts next week!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: