Sunday, January 1, 2012

{did someone say wave pool?}

As if three full days of Christmas celebrations wasn't enough to cram in for our time off from work and school... we had to add in three fun days at a water park in the Dells as well! My mom, brother, sister, sister's boyfriend, Jay, Ayden, and myself all ventured down to the Dells last Thursday morning for three fun days at the Wilderness Resort. It definitely cost us enough for two nights at the resort, but they were SO worth it! The only downside was sleeping in a room with six other people when more than one of them snore and/or breathe loudly and you cannot sleep! Ha!

We all got down to the Dells around noon on Thursday and got in some mini golf, arcade playing, and swimming before our room was even ready! My mom, sister, sister's boyfriend (John), and I went on The Hurricane waterslide and I'll admit that I shut my eyes for the majority of it. It was fun and I kind of wish I would have went on it again, but we didn't. Ayden and my brother went down a few waterslides too, but the majority of our water park time was spent in the wave pool which was AWESOME! The water wasn't even all that cold which was fun too. And we even got to have fun in an outside hot tub while it was snowing out!

An adventure pass let us get in some more mini golf, laser tag, a mirror maze and haunted hotel, and some more arcade fun! Ayden hit it big on one of the games and ended up with 1000 tickets after just his third game! That was awesome and made the money that we spent on the games WELL worth it. The games were fun and I think everyone had fun playing them.

Each afternoon/night after we were tired of swimming we headed back to the room and had fun playing games. We had some hard core games of spoons going on! Jay gets pretty violent with that game too! Haha! The time went WAY too fast, but I think that everyone had a great time there! I didn't feel the greatest on Saturday so I was glad that we were leaving that day. We got home shortly after noon and I spent the rest of the day in bed with a headache and stomache... pretty much sucked! But I took some Advil PM last night and was dead to the world after 9pm and had the best nights sleep in the last week! I think I was still partly recovering from the cold that I got after Christmas as well. I just hope that no one else got the stomache like me.

Like Christmas, I neglected to take my camera out the entire time that we were there as well. Oops!

Ayden is already talking about going back to the wave pool! I told him at some point we will probably go back, hehe!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: