Monday, January 2, 2012

{i'm gonna miss this}

Since my computer has decided to hate me this weekend, I thought I'd sit down with my tablet and blog once again, you know since I'm taking a 'break' from everything else that is calling my name. Actually, I have been rather busy so far today and got a lot done. Our Christmas tree is now out of the house, the decorations are most put away, most of the rooms are clean and organized, the laundry is 90% done (just needs to be folded and put away, and only three small loads), picture editing is complete, and even some vacuuming was done in the house. I was able to finish editing my latest photo session last night when my computer was behaving, but today it hates me.

Here's the thing, I think I jinxed myself. Jay and I went to Best Buy this morning just to research computers. My current one is going to go at some point and I kind of wanted to look at the prices of ones out there now... see the differences between a desk top and laptop and just ask a few questions. The employee there was very helpful and he suggested I blow out the fan on my laptop with some air (I've been told to do that before, but just hadn't gotten around to it) and so we bought a can of air and I was hoping that that would do the trick to my computer overheating and it would last me maybe another six months or so. We get home and I go blow out the fan as best as I could on my computer, let it sit for a while and clean the office.

When I was done cleaning the office I turned my computer on because I wanted to do a few things on it before doing some more cleaning. Everything was going smoothly until I tried to scan some stuff with the printer. I was having trouble with the printer earlier in the day and had thought I solved the problem and was starting to scan a document when my computer just shut off on me. Okay, so that is nothing new, but this time it wasn't as if I was running four different programs at once. I chalk it up to my computer just being stubborn, until I try turning it back on. It starts up normally and starts to load everything I have on it and then shuts off again (sidenote: my computer takes about 4-5 minutes to completely load everything because it is over four years old and I have a lot on it). What the heck! So, I start it up again and SAME THING HAPPENS! UGH! This is really starting to frustrate me and I'm starting to get worried!

I backed up all my computer files probably a month or two ago so I have almost everything on my external hard drive, but there is stuff on there that I would like to get at! I have only my three most recent photo sessions that I haven't backed up and maybe a month or two of personal pictures (but I haven't been all that ambitious with my camera these last few months). What would irk me the most is losing my school stuff! I know there is stuff in those files that I saved in the last two months that hasn't been backed up. Although classes are over and it wouldn't be super damaging to lose it, it would still suck!

Jay went and tried getting it to start before and it loaded up and stayed on for a little while longer before shutting off. I think we might let it sit over night and try again in the morning. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I really didn't want to get a new computer right now. I was just researching. Also, my mom's husband is a computer guru and so I'll have him (or someone at geek squad) look at it before I call it quits! It just makes me sick to think I could go through losing my computer again in just a matter of four years. Ugh! So, if you feel so inclined, please keep your fingers crossed that my computer can be saved!

But this post wasn't supposed to be about how I am going to miss my computer if it cannot be saved, it's supposed to be about how I am going to miss Stevens Point when we have to move. I am going to miss the familiar streets. I am going to miss all of the stores that I have easy access to. If I cannot find something at one store, I have like five other stores I can try! I am going to miss the parks and the Green Circle Trail (a 26 mile trail that goes around Stevens Point and Plover). I am going to miss the city pool, the school system, the little river we go swimming in, all of my favorite photography places, Ayden's cub scout den, my job, our current house, the feeling of being at home, and SO much more! The closer we get to our potential moving date (because the date isn't set in stone yet), the more scared, nervous, and not ready to leave I am feeling. At the beginning of the school year I was SO ready to leave and start fresh and now I don't feel ready to have to start over again. The other two times we moved while here in Point were because we wanted to... now we have to. I'm nervous we won't find such an ideal place for us to live and I will hate it for the next year. I'm nervous for Ayden to have to start fresh at a new school and for Jay to find a good job and for me to fit in at my placement. It's all coming to a head and well before we even have to start packing. I'm sure to have a panic attack before May even gets here!

One thing I am ready for is to PURGE PURGE PURGE! After trying to find places for Ayden's new Christmas presents, I decided that if I could have a rummage sale tomorrow, I would! We have SO much stuff that is not going to be coming with us when we move! SO much stuff that I want to try and sell at a rummage sale. It NEEDS to go! A lot of it I wanted to save for future children and there are things that I didn't get rid of, but I do know that any future children will be getting toys of their own as well so I don't need to keep everything. We did quite good at our rummage sale two summers ago (I think it was two summers ago, or maybe it was this past summer, I cannot remember), and now it is time to purge again. Especially if we end up in a place that is smaller than what we currently have. Ayden, Jay, and unfortunately myself all have things that need to go, go, go and I cannot wait to start getting rid of things. If money were no object and I wouldn't need to worry about getting something out of what we currently have, I'd donate all I could today, but alas, I would like to make a little bit from what we do have that needs to go. And let me tell you, that stuff I will not miss, hehe!

My little child tried to pull one over on me today. It was quite good if you ask me and it scares me, haha! Him and I were downstairs cleaning in the basement and I was putting some board games away and had asked Ayden to pick up some of his legos. He was doing good picking up his legos and then he became very adamant that he wanted to put the board games away by himself and that he wanted to pick up everything in the basement by himself. I was very proud that he wanted to do everything himself, but told him that it was okay if I helped because I wanted to put some of the games in a specific spot. Ayden got kind of grumpy that I wouldn't quit helping and insisted he wanted to do it alone. I should have caught on then, but I didn't. I continued to put the games away and happened upon why he wanted to pick up all by himself. Awhile ago he must have been playing with the paints and didn't pick them up and left a bit of a mess behind some of the games. He saw it before I did and didn't want me to see it and for him to get in trouble. Sneaky little boy trying to get out of that by saying he'd pick up all alone. Haha! I kind of chuckled to myself when I saw it and asked him if that was why he wanted to do it alone and he said yes. I just told him that we'd throw the stuff away (it was all kind of gross) and clean it up together and all would be fine. I think he was nervous he would get in trouble. Am I in for it already if he's trying to put things past me like that?! Hope not!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: