Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Dreary Weather

The rainy cloudy dreary day (weather wise) that we had today did nothing to improve my attitude. It definitely didn’t start out as an icky day, nor did the afternoon start out that way, but let me tell you… it was one of those days where my child seemed to push every button he could on his momma and not in a good way either! And the icky weather didn’t make me any happier.

Work went fine this morning and the first part of the afternoon breezed by. I took Ayden to the dentist and even that went well, well mostly. He was a champ and went in all by himself (because it is a pediatric dentist and so forth they like to encourage child independence and have the children go alone). He did great and the hygienist that worked with him was very nice as well. Actually all of the ones that I saw come get patients had that super nice demeanor, which is pretty much standard for children. Anyways, like I said, Ayden was awesome! His teeth… not so much. I’m even too down about it to actually describe what he needs done. Nothing so drastic as getting anything pulled, for the most part his teeth are pretty healthy, except for a few spots. I don’t know if he will like the dentist so much after his next appointment. At least he gets out of school for it. Do kindergarteners like that?! Haha!

Anyways, after the dentist we needed to make a quick run to Walmart and because the dentist was so conveniently located right down the road (I’ve never noticed this until I looked up the directions today) I told Ayden we needed to go. He was adamant that he wanted to go home and well that should have told me our little trip wouldn’t be so productive. Not even 10 seconds after we walk in, I’m already trying to get him to follow me. Argh, not good! For the most part he wasn’t completely unruly in the store and improved his behavior tenfold by the time we walked out which I was grateful for. I thought maybe it was a sign our afternoon was going to go good… not so much.

I guess maybe it wouldn’t have been so bad had I given in to his requests for what he wanted, but you parents know… can’t and won’t always happen. It is not as if he was asking for anything I couldn’t easily give him, but that was besides the point. He wanted a glass of chocolate milk and I offered him water. I could have offered white milk, but he probably would have refused that as well. I have decided that he can have one juice per day (not that he was guzzling much more than that anyways) and two/three glasses of chocolate milk. He gets one in the morning when he wakes up and today I decided he could have one with supper (he had juice for lunch) and so when he asked for one as just a drink I wouldn’t cave. Anyways, that ensued with a lot of ‘you and daddy always say no' etc etc etc… it was just a whiny afternoon and despite my best efforts to ignore it, he was slowly wearing on my nerves.

The rest of the night was horrible, but it wasn’t idyllic either. I’m hoping that tomorrow is a better day.

I finally got a hold of Ayden’s potential school today. The lady who answered the phone (assuming some sort of administrative assistant) stated that she was going to mail the classroom assignments for kindergarteners this week. So we should know Ayden’s teacher by Friday at the latest. Talk about waiting until the last minute, eh? Yeah, that is what I thought. As soon as I know for sure that he is in a class at that school it is off to the Y to make sure his before and after school care is all set up and good to go, not to mention an email to our new case worker to make sure all the proper child care authorizations go through, if any go through at all.

Ayden is sleeping in the basement tonight. I think this will be the second time since moving in that he has wanted to sleep down there. Since he wasn’t a total hellion tonight, I talked with Jay and we agreed that it was okay. Actually, right before it was bed time we was coloring a picture of our cat Diesel, it was too cute.

I also managed to get a few more things together for school, like things actually in the binders. And only because one of my new professors ALREADY assigned homework! Homework even before school starts! Are they nuts?! Yes, probably certifiably so, but what can I do about it. I don’t know how I am going to do in a class of three students. No one not answering questions that is for sure, lol! I’ve never been very outspoken in class before, guess I don’t have much of a choice now. Sometimes I wish there were the other three students that were supposed to be with us, but then again not. With only the three of us, we will get a lot of one on one attention, especially in labs and I am sure that will help with the learning. At least I hope so.

Oh and guess what else happened. My engagement ring cracked! It is not as bad as it sounds, but I was outside on Sunday night writing a letter to my friend Victoria and had stopped writing to just do some thinking and was looking at my ring. It was rather light outside yet and I thought I saw a tiny crack in part of it. And sure enough after closer inspection… there was one! I was a little taken back because I didn’t think rings could crack like that and wondered how it had happened or how long it had been there since it is pretty small and hard to notice. I am totally in love with my ring so I spend a lot of time just looking at it and imaging a future wedding. Anyways, I told Jay and said I would take it in on Monday to see what the jeweler could do. Thankfully we have a few local ones. I took it to the same place that I got it resized at and they said they would be able to fix it and for a very nominal price. The only downside (besides it being cracked in the first place) is that I am ‘naked’ for the whole week. For those of you who wear jewelry on a daily basis, do you ever feel like that when you don’t wear it? I’ve had a ring on that finger for like the past how many years and one week without it, ugh! Lol! I suppose I could put one of my other rings on that I used to wear on that finger, but it just wouldn’t feel the same now. I know, just me being crazy. I’ll get it back at the end of the week…

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: