Monday, August 3, 2009

Its going to be a LONG week!

Ayden is spending the week at Jay’s parent’s house and it is only the start of the week… it is going to be a LONG week! Maybe not for them, but for ME! I miss my little guy SO much already! I feel sort of useless sitting at home without someone to tend to. And by that I don’t mean that I feel like when he is hear I am just tending to you, oh pooey, you know what I mean…

Jay and I said goodbye to Ayden yesterday afternoon as we had to head out of the campground because it was check-out time. He (Ayden) was sort of back and forth about spending the week at Grandma and Grandpa’s earlier in the day, but he was all smiles and ready to go when they headed out. I know it a had a lot to do with him being tired and crabby earlier in the day. I enjoyed yesterday afternoon and the first part of today child free (I mean because what parent doesn’t savor at least five minutes of free time here and there?!), but I’m craving some of those smiles and hugs and smooches…

I know that he will have a blast with Grandma and Grandpa and Uncle Steven all week long and probably not miss Mommy or Daddy as much as we will miss him. They are even planning on possibly going horseback riding, taking the boat out, doing some fishing… lots of fun stuff and the weather is looking to be pretty nice all week long so that is good!

My dad will be picking Ayden up Friday later in the afternoon as he, Casey, Emily, Alexis (and maybe Wendy) head up to go camping. We will meet them at the campgrounds for my dad’s side family camping weekend. It is really nice that he will have room for him because it will save Jay and I a trip that way to get Ayden. I’m excited for this weekend and the week has only begun! Hehe!

This past weekend was Hoerth family camping, you know… the one that I wasn’t really looking forward to. Well, I’m here to report that it was mostly successful, at least on my part. I had a mostly good time! We went Thursday night and spent time with Jay’s parents since they were there a day early and Ayden decided to sleep over that night. Jay and I came home because he had to work and I spent the day reading and relaxing (see I already got that day in for ‘me’ time… I’m all about wanting some ‘Ayden time’ now, hehe)! Anyways, since it was just Jay’s family we had a good time Thursday night.

Jay and I didn’t get back to the campground until almost 7pm Friday night since he didn’t get home from work until later and then we had to do some grocery shopping. We had a late supper and then went over by the ‘community’ campsite for a while. Since supper was so late… it was already late by the time that we got over there. Ayden and I didn’t stay too long. I think we were back in the camper by like 10pm and then shortly there after fell asleep. I’m happy to announce that I slept like crap Friday night, lol, but I wasn’t expecting anything else. I don’t know what time Jay and his parents came back from the big fire, but I don’t think it was too much after Ayden and I left.

I know that some people had fun on Friday night, but I didn’t hear any stories which was fine with me. Saturday was a pretty good day. We went for a boat ride with Jay’s grandparents down the river. That was nice because it was away from everyone and fun. The ‘community’ supper was Saturday night and all of the food was SO yummy! I left around 8pm Saturday night to come home and sleep. It felt so nice to take a shower and sleep good and since we didn’t leave all that far away it wasn’t like it was an inconvenience. Jay and Ayden stayed back. Jay said that Ayden really opened up and started to play with some of his cousins that he doesn’t see a whole lot and it was nice to hear that. It takes Ayden quite a while to open up to other people and sometimes I feel like so many of our family who we only see on holidays or such don’t get to see the real him. I mean, he was there since Thursday afternoon and didn’t really open up until Saturday night.

Jay told me that some of the normal Hoerth antics took place Saturday night. I’m glad that I was not around to see any of it. Jay also told me that he wasn’t any part of it and actually thought that it was getting a little out of hand. We talked a bit about how some of the family act and how we each feel about it and it was good to see that we were mostly on the same page. He told me that he had a few mixed drinks Saturday night, but mostly just sat by the fire with an aunt and chilled. I was happy to hear that…

And then Sunday it was clean up day… the weather the whole weekend wasn’t exactly super warm, but it wasn’t cold cold either. I think the worst part was the wind and right where they had the ‘community’ site it was getting hit bad by the wind. Oh well… I’m looking forward to my family camping more, but also glad to say that this past weekend wasn’t a total bust. I even have some good pictures to show for it…

Less than a week until we leave for Minnesota… can’t wait! I’ll leave you with a few more pictures… hope you enjoy!

piecesoflove aydencollage1 CIAO! LOVE ME!

1 comments:

amanda said...

(and maybe wendy) i always find that interesting...

and i love the picture of grandpa hoerth and ayden. precious.