Thursday, August 20, 2009

One More Day…

…and my little boy will be back home! One more week and hopefully we will be able to attempt settling into a routine with school starting! Next week will be busy as Ayden will have to accompany me to work two of the four days that I work, he has a dentist appointment and a doctor’s appointment, and we will need to get everything ready for school. (Not to mention the fact that I’ve put off any studying until the LAST week of summer vacation!) What is that you’re saying Ashley, studying? I thought you were on summer vacation?! Well, see here my dear friends… I didn’t think it would be the best idea to hop back into the semester not remembering a lot of what I had learned last semester, particularly stuff pertaining to clinic.

It is not as if I have a TON of stuff to relearn, but there are some things that I would like to go over again to refresh my brain on. Like the degrees of hearing loss, what acoustical reflexes we need to measure, so on and so forth… I really should have been doing that this week while I was Ayden free, but well you know how that goes!

I’m happy to say that I am mostly complete with Ayden’s scrapbook. I’ll take some pictures maybe tomorrow. I just need to reprint the cover since the first one smeared and do some journaling it in and it will be complete. The emphasis on this one is definitely the pictures and not the art of scrapbooking which is okay with me.

I started a book yesterday (The Choice by Nicholas Sparks- love his books!) and finished it today. It was good. Predictable for his books, but good none the less. You know, one of those easy reads and that is what I was looking for. I have one other one (The Lucky One by him as well) that I may or may not start tonight. I would like to get at least that one read before the semester starts, but who knows.

It has rained on and off pretty much ALL day today, with more rain forecasted for tonight! I don’t care how much it rains today or tomorrow (okay well maybe not ALL day tomorrow because I don’t want the back yard to be all mushy and muddy for Saturday) as long as Saturday is nice and sunny! The good weather for Saturday is holding out so far, I know I should probably stop talking about it because sooner or later I will jinx myself and it will be horribly rainy on Saturday too, and it isn’t supposed to be too hot so yeah! Sunshine and halfway decent temperatures! Now I just need the road to our house to open up!

Road construction is something you cannot get away from in the summer, but do you think I would know that they were going to close the road to our house for two weeks before Ayden’s party when I sent out the invitations and directions two months ago?! Heck no! It is not the ONLY road to our house, but it is the main one that I told everyone to take! And it’s not as if they can just go down a block and them come around the construction… this is the only road within a half mile and either side that crosses the river! Which means my friends, that if they don’t open the road tomorrow, Ashley will be going mad writing up new directions and emailing/calling everyone that is coming to let them know of the new way to come. Ugh, just keep your fingers crossed that the road will open up!

We got Ayden’s bus schedule in the mail the other day. It stated where and when he would be picked up by the bus. Originally we hadn’t planned on him riding the bus at all, but we think we have reconsidered. Jay will be taking Ayden to school on Monday and Wednesday’s because he will be attending the before school care program as Jay and I have class before school starts. Ayden will also be staying after on Wednesday nights as I will be in class later and Jay will be at work. All of the other days we had planned on dropping off and picking him up, but I think it might be wise (and easier) to have him ride the bus. At some point he will have to, so why not start now? I won’t be one of those crazy moms following the bus to school, but I did tell Jay that the first day he rides the bus, I wanted Jay to drive to the school and then wait to make sure he gets off the bus and knows what to do. Theoretically this will be the third day of school. I guess we will just wait and see…

Tomorrow is laundry day, clean the bathroom, vacuum the upstairs, put odds and ends away, find party decorations, grocery shopping day (well need to make the list first), maybe get some school stuff together, and finish scrapbook… ah, but sleeping in is the best! MUST take advantage of it whilst it last, hehe!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: