Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Superb Relaxful Day!

I’m happy to say that my birthday was very low key this year. Well, it hasn’t been high key in a number of years, but I’m not a high key person and so I rather enjoyed doing a whole lot of nothing special today.

I woke up this morning and headed into work for a little while. Work has been very good lately, well I pretty much always enjoy work, so yeah.

After work I headed home and picked up my camera and set out to take some scenery pictures today. I found two semi good spots that I hadn’t been at before and set to work playing with the settings on my camera. It totally doesn’t help that I don’t have my favorite subject here this week and that well that no matter how hard I try to make creative scenery shots… I still need lots of practice! Ah, that is why they call people like me an amateur, hehe!

Anyways, I took some pictures for about an hour… trying this and trying that. I posted a few in my last post.

Then I came home and decided that I would try and make some ham/cheese/noodle salad. I had asked my mom for the recipe about two weeks ago, but then wasn’t too motivated to try and make it. I’m sure I’ve mentioned it before, I am definitely no cook! Not only am I not very good at it, I just plain don’t like to do it. I’m not a kitchen person! But alas, my noodle salad turned out. It definitely isn’t my mom’s noodle salad, but it is edible… so much so that I had it for lunch and supper. Like I said, I don’t like to cook… bring on the leftovers!

I also started Ayden’s scrapbook that I am making for his fourth year of life. I wanted to do one online and get one made up and printed, but well I lost any ambition for that. I decided that I am not going to go all out on this one, but at least put something together that he will have. So far I like it… going simple this year and it is looking good! I’m trying to stay motivated so I can have it finished for his party!

Ayden called me both last night and tonight and sang ‘Happy Birthday’ to me! Well he didn’t call… my dad did, but Ayden talked to me. He isn’t one for phone conversations so I was elated he did that… plus it was SO ADORABLE! He is having TONS of fun by grandpa’s house so far. They went swimming yesterday and to Bay Beach today and probably four wheeler riding tomorrow... keeping the kids busy! Can’t wait to get him back on Saturday and then starts the final week of summer vacation!

Ugh! I have to order my books yet (on the agenda for tomorrow) and I should really start studying up on everything that I forgot over the summer! Oh double UGH! It depresses me to even think about going back! Where did the summer go? I know I’ve asked that question a gazillion times already (maybe?)… but I’m serious here… it seems like just yesterday I graduated! In the last three months it seems like so much and yet so little has happened and here I am starting grad school and Ayden is starting kindergarten!

I need to stop thinking about it… bed time!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: