Thursday, August 13, 2009

Gone for another weekend!

Ayden and I are leaving tomorrow (probably mid morningish) for the weekend… again! Thus, I most likely won’t have access to the internet until Sunday night sometime. My mom has internet access of course, but it is a lot slower than what I am used to and really don’t go on at her house. I might use my sister’s computer a bit, but other than that I’ll be off having a good time. It feels good to not go on the computer for a few days, but also I feel like I’ve missed a lot as well. Hard to explain, but then I feel like I have to catch up on everything that happened while I was gone for whatever days. Like so and so’s status changes on Facebook actually mean something to me and what’s her face four new blog posts have this huge impact on my life. Sometimes I feel ‘too connected’ if that makes any sense. Like I feel tied to it all. Addict! But for some reason I enjoy reading other’s blogs the second they update and seeing what they are up to on Facebook… etc… it just has this hold on me. I’m sure my fellow bloggers would agree!

So, since I’m ‘vacationing’ again this weekend, I thought I would do another post for the week before I ‘get behind’ once again.

I can’t say that much has happened in the two days that we’ve been home this week. It doesn’t seem like just two days ago that we were in Minnesota. But it doesn’t seem like these last two days went extremely slow either. Weird…

Ayden came to work with me the last two days. He was SO well behaved! I worked a little less than usual since he was with me, but I still managed to get everything done that NEEDED to get done, like usual. I brought along a coloring book/workbook for him and he colored for a while. He was a great help with the copy machine and was overall pretty quiet. I was so pleased that he behaved so well and kept telling him so in hopes it would continue while we were there… it did! He’ll be coming with me two more days during the last week in August because we don’t have childcare then either. Work hasn’t said anything yet and it won’t be happening after that… they understand which is GREAT, because not every place would… in fact I’m sure many wouldn’t.

After work today we went to the park for a while and had some fun… came home and ate an early lunch while watching Indiana Jones and then chilled in the basement for much of the afternoon and then hit up the beach! I think he’s been swimming EVERY day since last Friday. Oh wait, he didn’t go on Sunday or Tuesday, but still that is a lot! And this weekend we are most likely going more! Got to love the warm weather that is allowing us to really enjoy some water these past couple of days!

My brother had surgery yesterday. Like I said before, I don’t know the specifics of what it was called, however it didn’t go as planned. Unfortunately the cyst was back so the doctor had to go in and remove all of it and I guess something else. He was able to reconstruct the ear bones, so in September they will be able to see if he has gotten any of his hearing back, but along with whatever else the doctor had to do, my brother will now have to see an ear doctor every 6-8 months for the rest of his life. I’m not exactly sure of the reason why, but hopefully at some point something will be created or discovered that will allow him not to have to do this, because well… that is a long time… he just turned 17! Whatever has to happen though, right?! At least it wasn’t worse and he’s not deaf in that ear!

Anyways… off to bed…

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: