Friday, August 28, 2009

Hundreds of dollars later…

…and Ayden is registered for his first month of before and after school care and for about 12 days off of school and any snow day that is potentially going to happen this winter. And… we will have to pay another $111 in two weeks for his next month of before and after school care. I hate how the Y says they will not turn anyone away because of their lack to pay and then charge up the ying yang for their services. After finding out yesterday that we no longer qualified for county assistance with child care funding, we high tailed it into the Y today to see if we qualified for their aid and to finish paying what I hadn’t at the beginning of the summer. I don’t know how poor you have to be in order to qualify for it, but apparently pretty darn poor!

We are not scrounging for pennies in our couch poor, but we aren’t rich either! Jay and I will be in student debt for years to come! And I do mean YEARS, unless we some how win the lottery or both get SUPER good paying jobs after school! And at this point audiologists aren’t exactly pulling in six figures yet… unless you live in a super urban area like New York and have your own practice! In any case, we were declined assistance from the Y which is okay I suppose. Like I said yesterday, I’m just grateful for the assistance we have received and $111 is NOT that much and I figured out that it comes down to roughly $6/hour for the time that Ayden will be attending, even less if we dropped him off as soon as it started and kept him there as late as it went (but we will not be doing that) and $6/hour is not THAT bad. What they get you with is the days off program and the snow days program! It costs $37/day for nonmember days off… and they want payment up front! Well folks take that and times it by the 12 days off that we need plus $60 something for the snow days program and we are talking most of our tax refund account depleted. I’m happy we saved that amount for this purpose if need be. We didn’t have to do the snow days program, but Jay plows in the winter and we cannot chance having a day off when I have clinic (which I need to attend) and have no where to take Ayden. Lets hope for at least two snow days because then it will be like paying for two days off at our money won’t have gone to a complete waste. I’m just glad to have that all figured out!

Jay also had to do some calling around for his financial aid stuff this morning because two of his loans hadn’t gone through yet and they should have. After figuring out that his lender had switched something or another and did not notify us, we was able to switch lenders, get everything back on track, and hopefully by Monday everything will be kosher again. I was just glad that everything was able to be sorted out!

Ayden and I also took a trip to his school today as the class lists were put up. Jay called the school since we didn’t get the letter in the mail yet and was told the lists were up. My biggest concern was making sure he was even enrolled at the school… he is! But the best part is that… he is in the same class as his… BEST BUDDY from daycare! How super awesome is that! He hasn’t seen his buddy since May and I’m so excited for Ayden! He will know someone in his class and it will make it a little easier for him! I didn’t even know his buddy was going to be in the same school. I couldn’t believe it! Things happen for a reason! I feel a lot more comfortable leaving him now! Ayden and I walked around the school and found his classroom as well. It was nice because no one was there. He has 22 students in his class. I didn’t look to see if I recognized any other names on the list after I saw his friend’s name, but he might know someone else too. So we will go again on Monday to meet his teacher and drop his stuff off. Oh, and upon talking to the secretary… she hadn’t even gotten the letters mailed out yet and was able to give us Ayden’s while we were there.

We also hit up the golf driving range today! Jay had off work because they were able to get everything done yesterday, I think I might have said that already in my last post. It was a bit of a lazy morning before going to the Y (oh and then picking up my ring which is fixed, yeah!) and then I wanted to do something in the afternoon besides just sitting around and watching TV and since Jay didn’t want to go fishing, we went to the driving range. Just as fun for Ayden and cheaper than golfing the course and not as boring for me! And of course it was a prime photo op!

    IMG_0484 IMG_0485

  IMG_0486 IMG_0495 

IMG_0545

IMG_0507 IMG_0513 IMG_0497IMG_0522 IMG_0532 IMG_0535 IMG_0538It was a lot of fun to watch them hit the balls and Ayden was doing such a great job as well! Daddy was teaching Ayden the right techniques without going overboard and it was just nice to get outside for a little while before the rain came later. That and well I just couldn’t pass up sitting inside all day while the sun was shining and the forecasted rain was holding off!

Tomorrow we are heading home for my family’s corn roast and then out on the boat fishing on Sunday hopefully! Hoping for good weather too, even if it is going to be a little chilly!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: