Sunday, August 30, 2009

Second Annual Family Corn Roast

My aunt and uncle hosted their second annual family corn roast this past weekend in the crappy weather that we had on Saturday! Crappy weather or not, everyone was destined to make the best out of it.

There was a little game of football… some candy and cookies in a jar numbers guessing game, ladder golf tournament, a bounce house, and even a game of The Newlyweds (which was hilarious)! And… of course YUMMY SWEET CORN!

The rain only made things a little colder and wetter! Everyone had great sprits though!

football

IMG_0690

IMG_0745

IMG_0734

IMG_0738

It was a fun time and Ayden managed to soak through two pairs of clothing! Early in the afternoon he soaked through his clothes and I had an extra set along that I changed him into. I told him that if I changed him he was not allowed back into the bounce house because I didn’t want him getting wet again. He was okay with that and did say out of it. Finally I decided that he could go back in if he didn’t care about having wet clothes for the rest of the night. I’m glad I made that decision because Ayden spent pretty much the rest of the time that we were there in the bounce house with his cousins! Yes he did get soaked again, but he was having fun and I thought that was a little more important! We left right as it started to rain heavier and thus prevented him from getting soaked all the way through.

The corn roast was a success! We were supposed to go fishing today, but it was too windy out to go. Because of that we left to come back to our place early afternoon. I wasn’t going to spend the entire day sitting and watching TV at Jay’s parent’s house if I could do that in the comfort of my own house. And what did we do the rest of the day… just about nothing! Ayden and I played Uno Spin, Ayden played games on the computer with Jay, we watched TV, Ayden played his Wii racing game, Jay and I got school stuff ready, I looked around at the messy house and just sighed… I’m relaxing, we’re relaxing…

One more day and then the grind starts… ugh! Ayden got a letter in the mail from his teacher, it was really cute! I read it to him! She is having the children bring in their favorite stuffed animal on the first day of school to share with everyone. I thought that was a great idea!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: