Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Blahghgh…

Tuesday

I had a dentist appointment this morning... to which I was late to. I wrote down the time two weeks ago when they had to change it, but lost the sticky note. I rewrote the time when they called to remind me about my appointment last Friday, however still got the time wrong. I could have sworn that she told me 8:30am and not 8am, however I am mistaken. I got a call at about 8:10am wondering if I was going to be able to make it to my appointment. I was shocked! I've never missed an appointment like that before. Ayden and I shot out the door and headed to the dentist as quick as can be because they said that they would still be able to squeeze me in. Thank goodness because I really didn't want to have to reschedule it. Ayden was so good during the whole appointment. I was so thankful and happy that he acted like such a big boy! The hygienist was awesome as well! She told Ayden that he could come and see what they were doing to my teeth if something looked interesting and did he ever. He got right up in my face with the hygienist, it was too cute see the curiosity in his eyes! Future hygienist/dentist?!

After my almost missed appointment, we headed back home and I got some more 'cleaning' done. Or in other terms, taking boxes down and semi going through them before moving onto something else. I have been packing ADD these past two days. I start something and then move onto something else before finishing the first thing. After a little bit of that, Ayden and I headed outside to clean out my car. It wasn't as bad as Jay's truck, but it had enough garbage on the floor from Ayden and sand and rocks from this winter. Ayden got started with Jay's shopvac (which is very quiet might I add) and I took care of the garbage. He as a great helper! We also brought the boxes from the garage to the porch and taped most of them together in order to start filling them. We didn't get the filling them part yet though, lol!

Wednesday

Ugh, today was just very blah for me and it is kind of depressing to think so. I don’t know why… I mean we did get some stuff done, however I just feel like it was a waste of a day on my part. The morning was spent just lounging around the house. Ayden and I took a bike ride, but that was about it and it was so nice outside today. I did get some more boxes packed and took some out garbage/recycling that had accumulated. I also found an awesome book shelf by the dumpster that is now in our garage. It is the same as the current one that we have in our bedroom, however it is white. I could not pass it up. I mean it looks almost brand new (minus the layer of dust on it) and we can always use extra storage. If it turns out that we don’t need it at the new place, we can always get rid of it then. It didn’t cost us anything. Slowly the boxes are being packed. I’m trying to only pack things that we aren’t going to need in the next week. With all of the ‘disarray’ in my house I’m not actually going as crazy as I thought I might. It is no where near as organized as I would like it to be, but that is okay. I’m relishing the thought that I get to go through it all at the new place and organize it there. Lol, me and my OCD!

We have a hallway full of stuff for Jay’s aunt’s rummage sale and I’m hoping that it goes, or at least some of it goes. Another week in this ‘mess’ and all will be good. I’m getting more and more excited.

I didn’t work today. By the time that I got there after dropping Ayden off at school everyone was gone for lunch and it was locked. Unfortunately after four years of working there I still don’t have a key to get let in. I could have went downstairs to see if the receptionist was there and if she could let me in, however my boss was off today and didn’t have anything for me to do so I would have only been there for about an hour anyways. No one missed me and I wasn’t about to wait around for someone to get back from lunch so I could go in and work for just a little bit. That is what tomorrow is for. I think that might be why I feel like today was some what of a waste.

I did finish the book that I started yesterday. It is the new book out in the Sookie Stackhouse series called Dead and Gone. It was a pretty good book, however I am thinking that there will be another one and now I just have to wait for that one to come out, lol.

I also think I feel kind of lost because I don’t have anything that NEEDS to be done. I'd gotten so used to the whole clinic thing and having something school related to do almost every night of the week and now I have all the time I want to spoil my little dude. I totally love the fact that I get to spend a lot more quality time with him, but it is also times like this where I wish he had a little brother or sister to play with because it would give him some child interaction while he is not at school this summer… and he will be spending a LOT of time one on one with mommy this summer. Not bad in any way, however I know that he will miss his friends.

He was telling me the other day that if I have another baby that it will be his brother or sister and then went on to explain to me that a boy would be a brother and a girl would be a sister. It was too cute, but I got sort of bummed knowing that that probably won’t happen for a few years yet. I wish I could have kids close in age to each other, but it is not in the cards for us right now and as kind of sad as that is, I am okay with it. I am okay with whatever it is the path that we are to go on and whatever happens. If we have lots of more children, then even better, and if not… I will be sad, but okay with it. Make sense?Right now, I am going to be the best mom that I can and work on getting my doctorate and supporting my family.

And then come some wedding planning down the road… at some point. I was talking to Jay’s (technically step great aunt- I think) aunt as I think of her at his cousin’s birthday party last weekend and she said that one of her favorite weddings was one where everyone brought a dish to pass. The food was so much better than the normal chicken or beef people have for weddings. I had heard something similar from my cousin a while back from a wedding that she had attended. It is something that I am considering more and more. I know that at this point I would like it to be outside and in the summer. Light dresses and bare feet, just fun… I want no stress, ha… is there such  a thing when it comes to weddings? I’ve also sort of been thinking about having the wedding ceremony as Jay’s parent’s house (his mom actually said something to Jay about it before we got engaged) by Adam’s garden. If I haven’t mentioned it before, Adam is Jay’s younger brother who is no longer with us. He went home almost five years ago and would love to incorporate that part of him in our wedding. And I think it would mean a lot to his parents and Jay himself, plus the garden really is beautiful. I don’t know, wedding is most likely a long way off so I am not going to worry about it right now. Just thoughts running through my head.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

1 comments:

agk11808 said...

love your thoughts on the wedding. it seems totally like you guys. And it could save you tons of money! just get a justice of the piece to do it! the joys of moving to huh :)