Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Going Blind

I have had bad eyes since I was young… very young! I’ve had glasses since I was THREE! That’s young (at least to me)! So… I’m used to not being able to see. Okay maybe not, because of having glasses I have been able to see. I got contacts in high school and did those for a few years, but after moving to Point, I just sort of gave up on them. They were never my favorite thing and even when I did have them I never wore them religiously. Maybe it was the type that I had or what not. I had astigmatism and there for my contacts were a little heavier/thicker/whatever you want to call it than most. I got special ones, lol! Anyways, I’ve always had a pretty up to date pair of glasses around that I could wear when I needed. And even without my contacts or glasses on I could see pretty well. I may not have had (or currently have) perfect vision, but it was good enough to see what I needed to see and to pass the drivers test without the aid of glasses.

But… during the past year I have noticed that my eyes seem to be getting worse. I spend too much time staring at a computer screen throughout the day and I’m sure its a mix of not consistently wearing some sort of correction and genes. I wear my glasses more often and find that I can no longer read the TV guide channel on the TV when it is dark in the room. My vision gets worse when it is dark out, as I’m sure happens to a lot of people.

So, I’m not going blind, but my eyes are definitely worse. When I got my new prescription about a year and a half ago now (still love my current glasses) the doctor did not mention astigmatism whatsoever so I’m inclined to believe that it is gone. I know that my old eye doctor said that there might come a point when I no longer had it. Given my current lackage of being able to see as well as I would like as of lately, I’ve started to consider getting contacts again. I think that being able to get the regular kind might make them more manageable, as well as being older. I talked to Jay and told him that when we were done moving and settled in and what not, I am thinking about going to the eye doctor for a check up and possibly look into get contacts. I would love to be able to see awesomely ALL of the time and not have to wear my glasses constantly. Although I do love my glasses, a full day of wearing them tends to give me a headache because they sometimes get a little too tight behind the ears. I know that this is something that they could probably fix and they did a little bit when I got them, however when the lady was first fitting my glasses she tried bending them out a bit and broke them in half and I was lucky they had another pair in stock to put the lenses in right away. That is my current contemplation. We’ll see.

I stopped by the library today and picked up a book to read while I have some down time before the big move that might not even be happening this weekend.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: