Sunday, May 17, 2009

Busy Weekend

It has been a busy busy weekend for us, but a wonderful one at that! I am happy to be home and relaxing for the first time in almost 48 hours, but I also definitely like having something fun to do over the weekend as well. And I suppose that I was able to relax at home for a little while last night before falling deep asleep and getting up to leave this morning!

Saturday morning started out early, but not super early. I got up and made my cupcakes pretty early and Jay started to get some of the fruit together. It was one of the few times that we both were up BEFORE Ayden. Usually he is the one that is waking us up. I think he was surprised to wake up and see mom and dad up already. We didn’t do a lot of rushing around too early on Saturday morning, but pretty much had what we thought needed to get done by the time that my mom, sister, and grandma showed up at 10:45am. They were going to come watch Ayden play soccer.

I was a little disappointed with the weather on Saturday because it was SUPER windy and cold and I was afraid that graduation might be moved inside. Actually, after having it sit outside through the cold I kind of wish that they would have had it inside, but oh well! Next time, we (my mom and I) are going to make our weather request a little more specific than just no rain, lol!

Soccer was super cold and windy, but it was so much fun! I always love watching the little guy! This week they had the kinds running the whole field and using the big goals because the little goals were not staying up. The kids definitely got a work out! Ayden took the ball down the field twice and was almost able to score TWO goals! So proud of him! He also had quite the cheering section as my mom, sister, grandma, Jay’s parents, brother, and his grandparents showed up to watch. I think he was really happy to have so many people cheering him on!

After soccer, I had to rush back home to get my cap and gown and get to campus to meet with my friends to take some pictures. Lots of rushing around, but it was worth it. Ayden stayed with Jay and they got the rest of the food ready at the house with his parents. Jay actually had a lot more to do than he had originally thought, but I really wasn’t thinking about any of that. We caught my dad, brother, and godfather showing up as we were leaving so that was good. My brother stayed at the apartment while I led the way to the parking lot/campus. I headed off in one direction (with my mom, sister, and grandma) and sent my dad and godfather to find seats. My mom was going to take some pictures for me.

Found my friends and got some awesome pictures of us together! I was so happy that Leah had suggested us getting together before hand to do it! The first picture is me and my ComD girlies (minus one who had not gotten there yet). Me, Kristi, Leah, and Robin! I would not have made it through these last two years without them! We all have kids and can definitely related to each other and what everyone is going through! Robin will be continuing her education at Point next year, however Kristi and Leah will not. I will miss those girls, but will definitely stay in touch!

DSC05369 (2)

This next picture is one of more of my classmates. I know all of the girls and we get along, but we are not as close as my other friends. The whole ComD class is very close, but I think we all have our little close knit of friends within our class.

4440_573599167361_185006434_33928720_6823138_n

Closer view: Me, Ciera (the one who was missing from the first picture), Kayleigh, Kristen, Robin, Leah, Kristi, and Lesley!

4440_573599167361_185006434_33928720_6823138_n

One of just me! So disappointed that the weather was cold because I ended up wearing jeans and a sweatshirt over the super cute sundress that I originally was going to wear. Oh well, I’m sure I will get many other chances to wear it this summer!

DSC05373 (2)

The ceremony itself seemed to take forever. Well, I classify as taking over two hours as forever, especially since towards the end I was FREEZING! It was awesome to get my diploma and then I all I wanted to do was leave, lol! And honestly, they didn’t even give us our diplomas, they mail them to us. But I’m glad that I walked at the ceremony because there really isn’t anything like it.

My party went really good. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves which was the main objective, even though we had to stay inside for the majority of it. It did get a little warmer towards the end of the day, but even still. I got to talk to a lot of people, got some pictures taken, and just tried to enjoy myself. Our Wii was a major it which was kind of funny to watch. My mom took pictures with her camera and I had every intention of putting them on my computer before she left, however I totally forgot. And because she left for Denver this morning, I won’t be able to get them until probably Fridayish. I can’t wait to see them because I didn’t even look at them after she took them.

Many people stayed longer than I had expected which was pretty cool, since everyone that came lived over an hour a way. It was also nice not having to be the ones with the long drive ahead of them. We got to stay put and they all had to drive, lol. Usually, we are the ones at most family functions with the long drive after. So, say if someone wants to get home at like midnight, they can leave ten minutes before… but if we want to get home at midnight we have to leave at 10:30, oh well..

Ayden and Alexis relaxing towards the end of the party! They were trying to make super silly faces for me and I thought it was just too cute that they were laying together. They had SO much fun playing together last night! I love watching them interact and hope they stay close as they continue to grow up!

DSC05375

This morning was another early morning, but thanks to Ayden. I so thought that he was going to sleep in later than he did because of all the running around he did yesterday and then not going to bed until later last night, however he was up bright and early. That was okay though… we turned some cartoons on and mom slept for a little while longer. I needed that extra half hour and it felt really nice!

We headed out to Jay’s cousin’s birthday party by 9:30 to make it there by 11am and we arrived right on time! His cousin turned one and the party was super cute. He even had his own little birthday cake to dive into! I remember Ayden’s first birthday and stripping him down to his diaper to dig into his piece of cake the mess that we had to clean up afterwards, but thankfully for Ayden’s we had him outside in his high chair so it wasn’t as bad. Oh how time flies!

Ayden had lots of little playmates today and it was fun to watch him interact with them as well. He really opened up while we were there and was talking to almost everyone. And if you know Ayden, that doesn’t happen right away. I was really surprised, but also glad.

Jay’s aunt had some BEAUTIFUL tulips in her yard that I just HAD to take Ayden’s picture in front of. He is so cute and the flowers are SO pretty! Or at least I think so!

DSC05378

DSC05380

DSC05382

And now we are at home relaxing after a busy weekend! This week should be pretty relaxing. My first week of nothing to do besides going to work while Ayden is at 4K. It will be a slight schedule change for us since 4K does not start until 12:30. We will have all morning together and then lunch. I’m think about creating some sort of schedule for us so we just don’t sit watching TV all morning long. Like getting up and he can watch his usual cartoons while I get ready… eat breakfast together… then do some sort of craft or worksheet type thing… get some outside time in or playing together inside… and then lunch. Keep it similar to daycare. Really any sort of routine will be good and we all know the less TV the better because that is something we (my household) could stand to work on.

So, it’s off to get the little munchkin to bed and then work on my thank-yous from my party and then maybe get my Not Me’s ready for tomorrow.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: