Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

It has been a beautiful weekend! The sun has been shining like none other and this is definitely the time of the year that I like best! Warm weather, great sunshine, and relaxation. I don’t know what it is about the summer for me, but it definitely brings a sort of happiness around me. Hope lots of other people feel like that too… or maybe I am just crazy!

I keep forgetting that today is Monday and then about half way through the day I was all ready to write my Not Me’s for tomorrow when I realized that today was Monday and I was behind already and should have written them last night. And then I realized that MckMama wasn’t doing her weekly rendition of it and decided that I might as well take the week off too. Not that I couldn’t take every week off if I wanted to because Not Me Monday is by no means mandatory, but who in their right mind would not want to play along? Yeah that is what I thought! Lol!

Back to my wonderful weekend! Saturday was a lazy day for us… we spent some time outside and packed some inside. It has definitely been nice to elongate the packing process, even with the organized mess that my house is in right now. I don’t feel any pressure to get stuff done and I’m still almost fully sane with boxes all over the place. I have to say the only things that really need to be packed yet are the kitchen things that we are still using, clothes for everyone, and a few odds and ends. Most of Ayden’s toys are already in bins so they will be easy to move and everything else that we do not use on a daily basis has been packed in boxes already. I think for the most part this will be a fairly easy move because we will be moving just boxes and not things floating around. At least I am keeping my fingers crossed for an easy move.

Sunday I went to go visit my best friend in the hospital. She had been in the hospital since Wednesday with a stomach parasite. Before they finally admitted her, she had been to the ER five times and they kept telling her it was a stomach flu virus… apparently not. Anyways, Jay didn’t care if I went to go see her so I made a day out of it. She lives almost two hours away, otherwise I would have gone to see her before Sunday. Also, she wasn’t in serious condition or anything. Well, as it turned out I got there just as she was getting discharged! How great was that!

Her parents own a carnival and happened to be in the town ten minutes over and we decided to go visit them. She was supposed to help them work, however due to the illness she wasn’t able to so we just visited with them. It was a very fun time and I got SO sunburnt! I did not even think to put on sunscreen because I wasn’t anticipating being out in the sun. And then after hanging out the carnival we took her godson with us and hit up HuHot for supper and it was so yummy (like usual) and this time I so went back for seconds because I wanted to get my moneys worth. And for it being a Sunday night and Memorial Day weekend, it was SO not busy which was the BEST part… especially with a 2 year old. And her godson was SO well behaved!

Today was another relaxing day which was great. Ready for the week tomorrow and happy it is already Tuesday!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: