Thursday, January 21, 2010

SCHOLARSHIP!!!

I was awarded a scholarship this semester and I’m so excited about it! Not my first scholarship since I got one when I graduated from high school, but it wasn’t this big… this one will cover almost half my tuition for this semester and given Madison tuition, that’s plenty for me! I’m so excited!

At first, one of my classmates told me that she had gotten one (she had assumed I got one as well since we both got 4.0 GPAs last semester) and I told her that I hadn’t because at that point I didn’t know about it yet. Obviously I was happy for her and let her know, but secretly I was a little miffed, wondering what the heck had set her ‘above’ me since we both got 4.0s. But, after a while, I was like whatever, its great that she got one, I’ll get one at some point (hopefully).

Turns out, my congrats letter was sent to the wrong address. One of the speech students received it, and it wasn’t even an address we used to live at. She was super nice and brought it in today and gave it to me. I was so excited when I opened it and found out and grateful that it was sent to someone who knew me versus someone who didn’t and it just ended up lost in the mail somewhere. I’m assuming it was some sort of clerical error because the clinic does have my correct address and she comes right after me in the alphabet.

And… it was a great day of clinic as well. NINE hearing screenings and all went well/as planned! I got nervous here and there with my supervisor watching, but by the end it was pretty routine and I was feeling it. The more I interact with patients, the more comfortable I become doing it. I’m not exactly a super people person and didn’t think I wanted a job that had me dealing with people on a daily basis (kind of hard to escape that when you are in this field), but its growing on me. Not to mention that I really love what I’m doing too!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

1 comments:

agk11808 said...

WOO HOO congrats!!!! this was such a smily post! :)