Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Week 2

Classes are going well so far this week, ha, I’ve only had one day of classes to compare to last week so how much of a ‘going well so far’ I can say I don’t know…

I had clinic today as well as hearing aid duty. Being on hearing aid duty means that you are available from 8am-4:30pm to fix any hearing aids that come in throughout the day. Talk about being on campus all day! Okay, so we really don’t need to be on campus, but like within 10 minutes of the clinic and need to be able to be reached by phone. Because I have clinic on Tuesdays, I am here from 9-noon no matter what… really 8-1pm if you take into account the fact that I come early to turn things on and the fact that I am doing reports and such after my clinic block.

Today, I had my first hearing aid fix and I flew solo! Well, I really didn’t fix anything because the hearing aid was working when I tried it and then needed to talk to my supervisor about it because since it was working I really didn’t know what to do next. We decided to send it in for repair because what was happening was the same thing that was happening at a previous time and it was sent in then for repair as well. So that meant I had quite a few phone calls to make, ugh! If you know me, you know that I don’t really like making phone calls. It really wasn’t that bad, I think I’ve overcome the whole not wanting to make phone calls thing. Everyone I talked to was super nice and helpful and I think I managed to get everything in order the way it was supposed to be and sent out and all good… hopefully! Keeping my fingers crossed.

Tomorrow is going to be nice… my 9am class was cancelled which means that I get to sleep in  and sleeping in on a week day does not happen very often, how awesome is that?! No class until 10:30am! Greatness!

One class, meeting with free pizza for lunch, work, afternoon class, and then home for the afternoon! Should be a great day, right? Thursday, possible clinic adventure in the morning, and then work and then home, and Friday… lab, work, lab. Looking forward to the end of the week already, but mostly just looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow!

Off to enjoy my cozy bed!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: