Saturday, January 30, 2010

Out and About

No sleeping in for me this morning, and its Saturday, what a bummer! Not really since I was excited to get up and get my day started because I had plans.

Friday night was relaxing at our house, not that it isn’t normally. Ayden and I were totally going to play some Mario Brothers on Wii, however Jay beat us to it, so instead of us playing, we cuddled in my bowl chair and watched Daddy try and beat the levels. It was fun and we cheered him on and laughed at him when he kept dying in the same spot. After almost an hour of that, which was some great family time, Jay was done playing and then Ayden played for a little bit.

We had some super yummy pot roast, potatoes, and carrots from the crock pot for supper last night. It was SO yummy and I am SO not a meat person. Jay hasn’t made it in a long time, not that there is much to it besides putting it in the crock pot for all day, and I surely stuffed myself full last night! And I just might have some more as leftovers for tonight, haven’t decided yet.

Today I went shopping with my best friend and her almost three year old son. I spent too much, but it was nice to get a few things for myself (not that I am severely lacking in that department), but I did need to replenish my dress pants stock and that I did and for a GREAT price too! We hit up a few stores, but mostly spent our time in the play place at the mall we were at since her son was having such a good time there.

Her son was pretty crabby the entire time we were out. Everyone has different parenting styles… and mine is definitely different than my friends. Different isn’t bad. I do know, that Ayden would never have gotten away with what went down. Or maybe he already has in different ways, always hard to compare. In any case, we did have a great time being able to catch up again since we don’t get to see each other very often.

And I had a great time driving faster than 25 mph ‘on the open road’ from my town to the one we met up in jamming to some good loud music! I don’t drive much, except thru town and you don’t get to go very fast and don’t get to be in the car for a while and get some good jamming in. I don’t know about you, but I do love to turn my radio WAY up every now and then (when Ayden isn’t accompanying me), put in one of my favorite cds and sing along as loud as I can because no one can hear me. Today’s favorites rotated through some Sugarland, Bowling for Soup, Colbie Calliat, and EVE 6! Eve 6 is by far my favorite… their album Horrorscope. Its a copy from a friend that is almost 10 years old and I still know the whole cd by heart and still LOVE it more than anything. Its the music that I go to when I’m having an especially bad day or really want to just belt out something good when no one is listening. I don’t know what it is about the music, but I just like it. And the funny thing was, I thought about putting it in on the way to the store, but had other songs I wanted to listen to, and then when I got into my friend’s car, she had her copy in! Ironic?!

That meant I totally needed to listen to it on the way home and listen I did! I sang as loud as I could for the whole cd (which is only about 45 minutes) and my voice was hurting for it by the end, but it just felt good, you know?

I even finished taking some notes that I started yesterday. Tomorrow I just might start the lab that I have due on Friday… but Friday is so far away, lol! I will attempt to keep motivated.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: