Wednesday, July 9, 2008

All By Himself...

Oh Jack... So I totally know that I slacked on writing yesterday, but I really didn’t feel up to it. People are allowed those kind of days, aren’t they? And if not, I am instituting a new rule right this very moment that says they are. Lol! But seriously, I was kind of bumming all night long. I know I could have written before then, but I had a bad headache and all I wanted to do during Ayden’s nap time was take a nap myself. I didn’t actually nap, but I did get a good rest in which eventually took care of the headache. Yeah for the rest. I also found out yesterday that we now get the Lifetime Movie Channel. We never used to get it, but apparently we do now. Another super yeah, like I really need to be watching anymore TV. I guess that I watch enough right now, but I wouldn’t say that it is an over abundance of it. There are a few shows on during the week that I would prefer to watch, but nothing that I would have fit about if I didn’t see it. For example, I didn’t watch Jon and Kate Plus 8 this week and I survived. I also didn’t watch a show I wanted to last night and still I’m here. Pulling through it all pretty well actually, lol!

The reason I was pretty bummed last night had to do with losing a picture. Okay, losing a picture really shouldn’t be that big of a deal, right? I guess, but here’s the thing. I got this picture a few days ago in the mail from a friend and had it in my purse. Last night I took it out of my purse and put it on the kitchen counter inside a recently received letter. More details required… the letter was from Lee and the picture was of him as well. So I put the picture with the letter and left it on the counter. Here’s the thing, when Jay got home and was reading the letter he said there was no picture to be found. Weird, right? Weird because there was so draft in the house to blow the picture out of the letter (it was folded up inside the letter when I set it down), the cat wasn’t on the counter to move it, at least not that I was aware of, and Ayden was sleeping in the afternoon. What happened to the picture?

I have two theories… but no real proof for either of them. First theory… something weird just happened to the picture. Something I can’t quite explain because I’ve looked everywhere I can think to find the picture and it’s not their. Second theory, Jay did something with the picture before he read the letter. I was laying down resting while he read the letter and very easily could have done something with it. However, he acted pretty sincere when he said that there was no picture so I’m having a hard time believing that he did something. I wouldn’t put it completely past him, but I’m pretty sure he didn’t do anything to it. But then what the heck happened to it? Okay, honestly, it was just a wallet sized picture, nothing really, I can always ask for another one, but I would really just like to know what happened to it. But I doubt that that will ever happen. And so that is why I didn’t really feel like writing last night.


Because the weather was pretty nice last night as well, Ayden and I high tailed it off to the pool at 5pm for Tubes n Toys night again. I looked at the family pass and it is $85 for the summer. Way too much than we are willing to spend so I guess that we are just going to have to cut down our pool visits a little. Maybe once a week from now on. We will see… Ayden is already asking to go everyday. I wish we could, but it’s $4.50 each time we go and that adds up. We’ve gone three time already and I plan on going Friday sometime because it is supposed to be really hot and humid then. Perfect time to go to the pool. So, we took our tube last night and had lots of fun. Ayden did some more jumping in, but still needs to hold my hands. That’s okay I guess. He is definitely getting better with his kicking and reaching which is really awesome to watch. And last night he did something I didn’t think he would do for a long time yet. Well just knowing him and the water.

He put his whole head under the water ALL BY HIMSELF! I couldn’t believe it. He saw me go under and then when I came back up he said ‘Mom watch what I can do’ and I figured he would just put his chin and/or nose in, but he covered his fact and went completely under the water. It was so awesome and he was so proud of himself. He did it quite a few times after that and told me to keep doing it as well. Then I told him that we had to stop because the water was starting to make mommy’s eyes hurt. But it was fun none the less. I really like it now that he can touch in the water as well because it makes him more mobile.

Another shocker from last night… Ayden and I were at the table eating supper and somehow we got talking about boats and then our boat ride on the fourth. Well out of the blue he repeats word for word (well almost) a short conversation that Jay and I had had shortly before we turned the boat around. Jay’s mom had told Gerald that maybe he should drive and then I turned to Jay and said that maybe it would be better if his Dad did drive and then Jay told me that no, he wanted his dad up front watching the water. During this time I did not think in the least that Ayden was paying attention to me, much less was even half awake. But apparently he was because he repeated the conversation back to me last night.

But a good end to my day was seeing a preview for Prison Break this fall. It’s the second one that I’ve seen, but the first one did not have a start date. This one did… Labor Day, first episode of Season 4 for Prison Break. And my Wentworth Miller time will start back up. It’s been WAY TOO LONG since they’ve had it on. Stupid writer’s strike and all, but no worries, it is coming back and Sarah is alive and Michael will be reunited with her. Now this is my one show that I NEED to watch. Funny how this sort of show would be the one that I need to watch, and I don’t think it has all completely to do with the show itself, or even Wentworth’s extreme gorgeousness (because lets face it people, hot is just too shallow of a word for him, he definitely falls into the gorgeous category), but at least part of something else. What you may ask… maybe to be divulged at some later point in time. Because, well even though I consider this my ‘journal’ per say, I know that there are people reading this and I’m not quite ready to release every inner feeling to the world. Or at least those who find my life interesting enough to read about it. Maybe someday though.


I got some new sunglasses today, along with two shirts for Ayden (I know, but I couldn't help myself, they were on sale. One T-Rex one and one monster truck one). I was going through Ayden's clothes the other day and he really doesn't have all that much. More shirts than anything else and now he has two more. I couldn't help it though, they were just too cute! I also bought myself a new belly ring. I haven't gotten a new one in forever, like probably since high school and this one was cheap and pretty cute so I got a present for myself. I really shouldn't go shopping by myself, now should I?

So I talked to my best friend again today, and once again... the minute that I start talking about my life I hear her clicking away on her phone (ie: texting). I mean seriously, I sit and listen to her and offer advice and be a good friend, but then when I start talking about something in my life, it's just not that important to her and she has to do something else. Honestly, what kind of best friend is that? I should just start texting somebody when she starts talking to me. Think she would get the hint? Probably not, that is just the way she is most of the time.

Jay and I had one of our 'famous' arguments tonight. Same old thing that didn't get us anywhere, but wasn't expecting it to anyways. Someday we might get past this all, but not today. Oh well... I'm done being mad, not so sure about him.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: